BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My name is Russ. I'm JeepManager on the bcjeepclub.ca site.

I know I don't post here much but wanted as many people to know about this as possible. There have been people working to keep Eagle open, and there are people doing there best to ruin the access that has been granted to all of us. Here is a letter I just sent to Melanie regarding what I saw up there the other day when LEGITIMATELY wheeling the trails up there (I have one of the keys).

Thanks,

Russ

Email:

Hi Melanie,

My name is Russell Grosser and I am one of the people involved with bcjeepclub.ca who has obtained a key and is following the rules as stated.

The other day a few of us were up at the mountain and noticed that as you drive in past the first gate from Plateau there is an ash-fault foot trail to the right that some people have elected to drive down and make a new trail into the power line area.

I don't know how to go about getting it blocked off, but I did see someone in there and us as a community do not want to forfeit our obligations to work with you to keep the area open for our generation and the next.

Please let me know what steps need to happen to have this area secured from the small percentage of the population that have chosen to ruin the agreement you have worked so hard to put together.

Best Regards,

Russell Grosser
Auto West BMW
604-351-6993
[email protected]

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Russ this is an issue that is being addressed by the City. As well you had the option to call Coquitlam RCMP, going in there is now a ticket/fine.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Russ, I think you have the spelling of her name wrong, MELONY not Melanie. Robin.
Also, it's asphalt, not ash-fault.

But good on ya for contacting them about the bypass. It's something we're all going to have to stay on top of if we're going to be seen as responsible stakeholders in these areas.

...lars

·
Registered
831 Posts
Good catch Russ. I'm glad to see that you didn't just see and forget as quite obviously many people did in the past. We, as responsible users, must be vigilant about reporting and documenting such things. Camera anyone?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Can you advise us how to get ahold of said rulebreakers?
I think he's referring to the ones that are in the queue and about to appear.

Good on you Russell. If we all play nice with this City of Coquitlam plan, then maybe other municipalities will follow suit.

I guess it's possible that the fellow heading down into the bypass just didn't know, but then again, the bypass was taboo from the get go. A sign in that area might help future looky-loos.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A sign in that area might help future looky-loos.
Probably need a sign with a map indicating the 'go & no go' areas as well as contact information in case they wish to obtain a key. Adding a penalties / fine ($s) may also help but then again they may take the sign down for firewood :cwm23:

Rob

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was up there yesterday and was told by one of the guys wheelin with us that people are cutting through the golf course paths to get in. Unfortunately what can you do to stop people who have there mind set on phocking everything up, ya sure you can report them IF you see them but you have to see them. Looked like hydro was doing some big work at the entrance but being my first time up I don't know if that is on going or new perventative measures. It was so easy getting a key that it seems stupid for people to sneak in but again with such easy access even the nipple heads can go get a key and still screw things up.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I saw an ATV trail running up the left of the gate entrance that seemed to come from the golf course and goes around the gate. I don't think a 4x4 could get thru it though. I didn't notice other entrance points to the left from the golf course, but then again I wasn't exactly looking for any.

The City is working on a sign or signs, albeit slowly. The gate has a (small) sign with an note and a number that folks can call and be told that they can get a key. But yeah, it's not obvious what the deal is today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.