BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 85 4runner and I also have a buick 3.8 leter v6 and would like to swap them but need to no if this is a good idea and what it intitals.Your help would great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well I dont know jack about that swap but go search the pirate board(go to links-then clubs-and you will find pirates of the rubican-click on it and there you go)also try advance adapters about a swap kit.
Hope this helps-Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
My buddy did this swap.
He used a Downey kit (advance), 3.8 buick, TH350 to his stock t-case.
I think he's moving to v-8 power with a manual.
Do you want me to ask him if he's willing to sell the adapters?
Overall the conversion makes a fine driver and good all around trail truck. he hasn't bust anything in 4 years.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Do you have a 4.3 laying around too?
I had the chance to drive a Toy pickup with a 3.8 4 or 5 years ago and it was a blast to drive. Lots of power. A couple of good resources for the swap info are the Advance Adapters Toyota engine swap catalogue and the Downey catalogue also has some info. If you go in person to North Shore Off Road they will give you these catalogues...call them 1st to make sure they have them.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I will be talking to him this weekend.
I'll post what he says.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts