BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some guys out today and we found a good couple of trails, which were well suited for my friends 81 chev 4x4, but after I went through a 3 foot water hole in my Toy I told him to go around, well being the Chev with huge horsepower, he didn't listen. He made across no problem the first time, and same on the second, but when he stopped the engine started knocking really bad. ( souds like a really loud valve or a piston) He was pretty low on oil, and on the way home it seemed to get quieter,. He has now put more oil in, but it's still doing it. Is it possible he just got water in a spark plug, or could it be a dist??? any info would give me a starting point. Thanks ahead of time.

I forgot to say, but it's a 350 chev 1981 heavy half.
------------------
1981 Short Box Toyota, 3in trailmaster body lift, brand new ES3000's and a single ES2000, marshal 33's, hooker header, and a good old cb radio.

[This message has been edited by Mudhucker (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
Registered
35 Posts
well I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago,I thought I droped a valve,but to my suprise it was a flat cam that did all the knocking.It not only stoped the knocking but with the cam I put in my 82 full size jimmy w/33" tires and 7" of liftjust rocks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts