BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of doing an engine swap into a 1990 suzuki sidekick dr, manual.

Does anyone know if a 2.7L v6 from a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara would fit?
Or maybe a 2.5L v6 from a 2003 Chevy Tracker.
I dont even know if the bolts would line up for either of them.

Any answers or options other than these ones above are appreciated.
Im looking for something sort of easier but im not afraid of work.
Also Im new to engine swapping, would I need to swap the tranny and everything? or just the motor and the computer?

Thanks!

Here's a pic of it.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
237 Posts
2.5 would be easier but no matter which way you look at it you will have to change wiring harness, comp, engine tranny transfer case they are not a direct bolt-on they sell kits that allow 2.0 lter zukiworld.com has a lot of good info and a DIY section

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2.5 would be easier but no matter which way you look at it you will have to change wiring harness, comp, engine tranny transfer case they are not a direct bolt-on they sell kits that allow 2.0 lter zukiworld.com has a lot of good info and a DIY section
It would be easier in what sense? fitting it in?
And I guess the cheapest way to do it would be buy something that has been in a wreck from behind and swap everything right?

·
Registered
237 Posts
yes fitment the 2.7 is a bit larger ,and buying whole vehicle that has been in accident would be best as you wont be trying to find parts as you got everything and you better be good with electrical cause what ive read about the swap is that an electrical nightmare to get everything to work but then I hate electrical

1 - 4 of 4 Posts