BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done or have info about swapping my carb1975 350 for an mid to late nineties injected 350 and will the 700r4 bolt on as well. i have the 350 th350 tranny and 203 converted to partime t case in my blazer. thanks:p

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think you just need an adapter plate for the tranny swap and I am pretty sure you can swap a fuel injection for a carb but you need every last thing from your doner vehicle for the FI. But I have never done this so this is as much info as I have.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The newer 350 will bolt right up to the 700r4, as for the FI stuff bolting on the older block, that won't always work, vortec manifolds wont fit on non vortec heads. The swap is pretty straight forward I have a 1997 Vortec 350 in my CJ7, and as long as you get all the goodies you'll be stylin'. But i would suggest a ram jet 502 for a K5 blazer. the Vortec 350 isn't exactly a powerhouse.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've looked into doing this with my 85 and it's really not worth the time when you can go have a 383 stroker built up for you that will be a direct bolt in and you won't have to worry about all the wiring, computer, new gas tank and fuel pump, and all the other crap that is needed with fuel injection. I'd look into taking your 350 and building it up to be a stroker, i was quoted $3500 for a 383 stoker that was guaranteed to have 450HP and 400ft lbs and that includes him supplying a block, heads, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.