BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been putting off my my SAS on my 87 4runner for a while now and reason being is lack of having the tools to do it with . So ive been calling shops for quotes and got some preatty higher than i would pay numbers . So I decided i can buy the plasma machine and do it myself given Im a Jorneyman steel fabricator.

Question being here is has anyone bought or used a Multipurpose (TIG,STICK, PLASMA) from a company called Everlast welders ? I was told about them through a welding supply Salesman in the lower mainland,but i don't know of much of there history or how good the are as a multi purpose machine

any input would be appreciated:beer

this is there website with a link to the model i was looking at
http://www.everlastwelders.ca/multi-purpose-unit/powerpro-256.php

·
Registered
28 Posts
Everything i heard is they are junk... when it comes to tools you really get what you pay for.. if its plasma cutting you need let me know i have a 4x8 Fastcut cnc table... with a A80 Thermadyne plasma cutter ... i can production cut 5/8 with it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
It might be great or it might be made in China junk. I think you'd be better off buying a used name brand machine like Miller, Lincoln or Hypertherm, especially if you plan to use it a lot and / or keep it for a long time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything i heard is they are junk... when it comes to tools you really get what you pay for.. if its plasma cutting you need let me know i have a 4x8 Fastcut cnc table... with a A80 Thermadyne plasma cutter ... i can production cut 5/8 with it..

yah ill keep that in mind thanks . I more need the plasma to cut off all the IFS brakets so it might not be practical in this case .i hear what your saying about "you get what you pay for "
and i do agree but its also interesting that most of the welders out there are mad in china but designed in the country of origin so its hard to say whats good or not if were so used to the names we trust .

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
yah ill keep that in mind thanks . I more need the plasma to cut off all the IFS brakets so it might not be practical in this case .i hear what your saying about "you get what you pay for "
and i do agree but its also interesting that most of the welders out there are mad in china but designed in the country of origin so its hard to say whats good or not if were so used to the names we trust .
I have a cnc table too :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have a small torchmate with a powermax 85

I have been talking with the OP about doing his sas so just throwing that out there :D

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
hey guys , i'm interested in having some header flanges cut ..
I have a local water jet company set up to do it , but it's a little pricy .. I will be doing a few , and there will be a min order qty (~10per) .

YOU will need to do the CAD drawings , I can supply 1/2 of the drawings , but they have not been finished to my specs.

5Vzfe header flanges .. 3/8's inch material , along with flanges .
If you are interested in producing these for me , please email me [email protected]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a small torchmate with a powermax 85

I have been talking with the OP about doing his sas so just throwing that out there :D
yah it seems i might have to get a couple of bids for this SAS contract lol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yah i thought about renting ill have to find out if thats possible to do in Penticton

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I know winn rentals in kelowna will rent torches for a day for about 100 bucks pickup and delivery included

·
Premium Member
236 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Westminister Rentals will rent a gas axe just fine...I know I've rented theirs.

Now I have my own...and it's much nicer I tell ya!

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey guys , i'm interested in having some header flanges cut ..
I have a local water jet company set up to do it , but it's a little pricy .. I will be doing a few , and there will be a min order qty (~10per) .

YOU will need to do the CAD drawings , I can supply 1/2 of the drawings , but they have not been finished to my specs.

5Vzfe header flanges .. 3/8's inch material , along with flanges .
If you are interested in producing these for me , please email me [email protected]

You the one that was looking on the OFN site as well.

·
Registered
945 Posts
My dad bought two lincoln tig welders 1969 and a 1970 300amp plus tig welders (800LBS each).

He called Lincoln up when fixing one. There tech support talked with him for 2 hours and sent all the original service manuals for the machines. They called back later to make sure he got them running.

That to me makes name brand worth while...

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
You the one that was looking on the OFN site as well.
yep .. I have been searching for a while .. one fella replied and gave me some pricing .. was good , but I was hoping to keep it more local .
talked to and old aquatance today , when I was in "Marks" buying some new work boots . He is now doing CAD for a company in town , and has access to a laser ... so looks like we're good here .

·
Registered
28 Posts
yep .. I have been searching for a while .. one fella replied and gave me some pricing .. was good , but I was hoping to keep it more local .
talked to and old aquatance today , when I was in "Marks" buying some new work boots . He is now doing CAD for a company in town , and has access to a laser ... so looks like we're good here .
If it doesn't work out let me know.. I can help you out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts