BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm gonna need to fix my exhaust sooner than later. Where does everyone go to get their exhaust work done? Estimates on getting a full system? For a full size bronco.

·
Registered
805 Posts
theres a muffler shop at marine drive and oxford street (bottom of the big hill down to white rock beach). i used them on my old YJ and they did a pretty decent job and i belive it was pretty reasonably priced.

theres also a muffler shop on 152nd just north of 20th on the west side of the street. i also used them on my 71 chev pickup and the did a real good job.

·
Registered
475 Posts
DONT GO TO BLUE TOP AUTO (king george + 24th) i took my integra in for a full new exhaust from behind cat back. they did a shitty job, on my way home the exhuaust fell off and was dragging on the ground. they only overlapped it an inch or so where the clamped it they also did a shitty job using hangers and all the weight was put on 1 hanger. i had to go in 3 times... and their shit muffler rotted out in over just a year. his solution to the wonky rubber mounts that got all stretched due to the poor hanging job was to use zip ties to make up for how much it strecthed...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I could use a hand to change my muffler in NORTH Surrey on my just aquiered 91 Yj 2.5, i just dont seem to get it to go the last inch, its all loose but just dont have the strength at 52 that i used to i guess to contort the thing out of there, a bit frustrating as i am so close to having it off.
the pipes are shiny but muffler has a hole in it. and i need to get it air cared.
as i just moved here from Baja Mexico i dont have ramps to lift it to make access a bit easier
so if you have a little time i could use a hand and can give you some bucks if you like.

Thanks,
Dave.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
White Rock muffler did an excellent job on my full exhaust system :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I purchased my High Flow Magnaflow Cat and Flowmaster muffler from Lordco for $100.00 each. Then went to Budget brake and muffler and had them custom bend the tube from the exhaust manifold back so that it was tucked up high, they charge me $200.00. So with everything done from the Exhaust manifold back it cost me $400.00. It has been on there for 5 years and it is still holding up. Prices probably have changed from then but that was the best deal I could find.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
White Rock muffler did an excellent job on my full exhaust system :)
Ya I'll be going to White Rock muffler for sure. Took it in the other day, just to inquire, and he threw it right up on the hoist and gonna be about 250 bux to fix my EGR, new tail pipe and muffler from cat back, and all new hangers etc.

What are everyones thoughts on welded vs clamped joints? I'm leaning towards welded, for less places salt n sand etc can get in.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I think they clamped my muffler and welded the rest. Either way, its holding up great after a year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I took my Ranger to Muffler Man on Kingsway in Burnaby, and did my Effer myself.

I always prefer welded joints. Less to catch on when your under there wrenching, and its not like the clamps are something that are easily removable if you want to take the system down for servicing or space, as they seem to rust up solid in a few months.

·
Registered
227 Posts
White Rock Muffler gets my vote, had them make my crossover pipe to clear the front driveshaft. Did an awesome job as well as welding in a bung for the o2, and I didn't notice till a few days after, that they secured my straight pipe coming out of the cat to the frame for me. No big deal, but little things like that help build a good reputation.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 on white rock muffler. Great price, really good quality work. under 200 for a cat back installed with a cherry bomb and rewelding my EGR to the cat. They also took a little extra time, and tucked the exhaust up tight out the rear corner, only an inch or 2 below the rear 1/4 panel. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
+1 on white rock muffler. Great price, really good quality work. I highly recommend them.
You are all forgetting to mention that Rick at White Rock Muffler is also a fellow wheeler and active on the board. He knows what he's doing when it comes to working on trail rigs for sure.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good to know. Rick nice job on the Black Bronco I picked up yesterday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts