BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,
I have a stupid question but need those expert to give me an answer... Anyone has good idea to make the fender in cheap way ?
I don't wanna to spend a several hundred bucks for it from the dealer...! Hopefully, i can get the cheapest way to make it by my own.Actually, i don;t really care about the appearance,and i just need to cover the tire to avoid the ticket from police
thanks

------------------
Fat Mike
94 Silly sidekick with 3" calmini suspension lift >.<

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by fat mike:
hello everyone,
I have a stupid question but need those expert to give me an answer... Anyone has good idea to make the fender in cheap way ?
If uR talking about extending the fender flares, go with the lawn edging. I've done it on my Nissan and actually it looked really nice - providing, it's done properly. I connected the plastic to the OEM fender with pop rivets and some 1/16 aluminum straps.

HIH

------------------
-marker

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree, I've seen it done a couple of times. If done right it actually looks pretty good. Plus it's very cheap.

------------------
89' Tracker, Doors, Bumpers, Windows, Soft-Top, Hood, Engine, wheels...yeah basicly Stock.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I needed more room in the fenders , so i cut the livin sh*t out of em and bought the 7" TJ warn extended flares. the look pretty cool but will set ya back over 500 bucks.
Heres a bad pic of them on my zuk.

------------------
4ByHigh

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited November 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im runnin toyota axles with 5.29s . The flares are the 7" Warn TJ trail flares.they are very pricey , $500 from My work , (Lordcos cost is 500) . they measure 8" across and are very very big.
Check out petroworks , they have some killer flares .

------------------
4ByHigh

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im running 16/35/15 boggers for now , and i have a 1.3 GTi engine .
I have a cousin that has a 2000 4.3 vortec engine with 20 KMS on it and he is goin to sell it to me for $400 . So its time pretty soon to ditch the POS 1.3 engine and get some real balls in my rig .
Same time the 4.3 goes in , I get 3" body lift and some nice 40" tires.

------------------
4ByHigh

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Gee Kev,
I wonder where you got the TJ flare idea. I guess I won't need to build my truck now since you've done it all.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got the idea for the warn TJ flares out of the Warn book at work.
Good thing I keep it in the garage eh.

------------------
4ByHigh

·
Registered
412 Posts
speaking of the garage, how the hell are you going to get in or out? 3 more inches plus 40" tires, yowza! it looks like you're just making it now, from the pic.

(i wish my garage had a taller door opening
)

------------------
A.K.A. uzi9mm

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey fat mike
lm a tin basher with a full sheet metal shop at my disposal l probibaly could help you out call me at 604-826-0249 l live in mission but the shop is in cloverdale if you live in the area lm sure we could measure something up

------------------
STEVEO

·
Registered
139 Posts
how much would you charge for fender flares for a 83 toyota? cause i live in cloverdale and would like some

·
Registered
62 Posts
Samurai-Quad with a bod:
I'm interested in that. I won't need them till mid january but I could always contact you then.

------------------
It's only mud, just give it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts