BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so some dumb fu*king kid broke into my truck last night. Lucky for me he was a complete moron and couldn't even get my stereo out. Nothing seems to be stolen except the change in the ashtray but the drivers side window in my extended cab ('93) was broken. Has anyone ever had to replace one of these? It should be easy to find the window but everything looks riveted together rather then screwed so instalation looks difficult. Is it going to be a body shop job?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is it a pop out style window? If so you might have to take out some inner trim panels to get to the bolts that hold it in.

I am not totaly familiar with your setup, but if it's anything like all the other pop out windows I've done it should work that way. I work in a wrecking yard and they all come out pretty much the same way. Just look for hidden screws or nuts and studs under the trim panels. Maybe under the rubber seals as well.

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
it is an at home job. I tinted my windows and know there was no rivets, just 2 10mm bolts just under the glass were it bolts to the metal runner that fits into the slider track.

Worst part was getting the horshoe clip out to remove the window crank. Cheap trick is to use a tea towel and pull it so it is tight and use that tu push the clip up and out.

Remove 2 screws in the arm rest and one in behind the door handle and slide the handle trim over and pop it out.

The door panel is held in by little plastic buttons, be carefull pulling these out of the door. Too much force and the buttons will pop out of the pressboard door panel.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ya its a home job. Unbolt your seat belts, Unscrew the latch, Pull the panel off, and you should have access to the nuts that hold the window on. The same thing happen to me years ago. In fact I think I still have a side window with a very small chip where the kids tried to pry it. It's not tinted but I don't need it, let me know if you need it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is it the door glass? Cause from the description it sounds like he's talking about a window behind the door in the body of the cab.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry, guess i should have read into better.

There should be 3 screws to remove the glass. The screw is on the inside of the cab and thier is a cap on the outside. Apply good thumb pressure to the cap and get a #2 phillips and undo the screw.

Just dont lose any of these pieces as Toyota here wanted a good chunk of wallet for them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you have problems locating a window, let me know. The wreckers here have quite a few good Toy parts kickin around.

Some of the deals I had with them are SR5 buckets excellent shape $150
Procomp 4" lift complete $250+tax
Collector pipe with O2 sensor and misc items $30

If you want to call them it is Interior Auto Wrecking here in Vernon.

As far as I know they are the biggest Lancrusier used parts dealer in BC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts