BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know if these things are worth the $300 aboust that i am going to be paying for them! i have to get all the info i can until 5 tonight as they are on order... do people recommend them? they are for 89 pathy... manual lock of course. please tell me all that ya can about them

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Parnelli_001 said:
I need to know if these things are worth the $300 aboust that i am going to be paying for them! i have to get all the info i can until 5 tonight as they are on order... do people recommend them? they are for 89 pathy... manual lock of course. please tell me all that ya can about them
I've been happy with mine. Had 'em on my FJ40 and on my YJ.

The bolts kept loosening up on the YJ's hubs so I replaced them with studs/nuts/lock washers. That fixed the problem. The locking tabs and bolts never worked that well...although loosening was never a problem with my FJ40's Warn Premiums.

Is it worth it to you? Well, it never hurts to buy quality.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right on, thank ya lars for the reply, read my posted reply on your osoyoos trip?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hope they hold up fine! for 300 smackers anything should be good! lol thanks for the info guys, they are on tomorrows bus

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've had mine for about 6 yrs and they've never failed. Broke 2 Birfields though! Anyways, they will definitely be better than your Nissan automatic-unlocking hubs. I remember when I had a Pathfinder; when trying to get up difficult terrain and going forward and back, the hubs would unlock themselves without warning (no pun intended :D ). Very annoying.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
naw, never had auto hubs, always been manual. now i am having trouble installing these suckers cause i am installing them into already manual hubs and all the instructions i can find are for auto hubs

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey parn. i picked up the warn hubs for my pathy for $240 from NSOR. also i got the instructions from a Warn service rep. it has details of the install from automatic or manual hubs

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks buddy, but between the internet and vague instructions i finally figured the sucker out. they work great, went out and tried em on some tough trail and never heard a peep. havent been on 4x4parts for a while, guess i should sign back in eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts