BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been pretty quiet in here...so I decided I might as well post something. I'm picking up my Sami tomorow (finally found one!) and I kinda wana know stuff about it.

So here are the questions...
What the "important" mods?
How much it is to spray in bed-liner for the interior?
Is a Sami light enough to just get Diamond Plating on the rocker panels, or are nerf bars the way to go? (Light wheeling)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Goof said:
It's been pretty quiet in here...so I decided I might as well post something. I'm picking up my Sami tomorow (finally found one!) and I kinda wana know stuff about it.

So here are the questions...
What the "important" mods?
How much it is to spray in bed-liner for the interior?
Is a Sami light enough to just get Diamond Plating on the rocker panels, or are nerf bars the way to go? (Light wheeling)
cuz I'm bored, here are the answers...

The "important" mods depend on how much $$$ you want to spend. I just got a SPOA done by breeze and I was both very happy and very dissapointed. The price was right and the welding was excellent. Their supplied bolts, however, were imperial instead of metric (gah - more sockets to fiddle with) and the pass. side ubolt was way too long... a deep socket wasn't deep enough. I will talk to Sue about this later on in the week - so it is possible they just made an error on my order.

I got the 5.5" version b/c they said the 4.5" might rub on my dropped drag link. IMHO the 5.5" is too tall for 31's.

You can get away without gears on 31's if your engine is strong - although I wouldn't recommend it. There is a group buy going on for Calmini tcase gears that ends at the end of this week. $400 USD for the gears and all the crap needed to install them. Doesn't include shipping or a core charge that will be refunded later. Call Calmini and mention the ORC group buy.

As far as bedliner... there is a write up here: http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/tech/durabak.htm alternatively I think there is also a writeup somewhere on this website: www.roadlessgear.com or, for yet another choice, check out Lars and project YJ on the bc4x4.com website, he had a local outfit spray on the bedliner for him.

As for nerf bars... how tall are you and your passenger. I have a girlfriend who is 5' and she cannot climb into the samurai with 31's and the 5.5" lift.

I suppose I should go and earn my wage now.

David

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is the cheapest way to get bigger flares? I've heard of people using TJ flares, but I would think they are fairly rare.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.