BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am quite new too the lower mainland area. I am from the interior and I am trying to find some rivers to go fishing... I went up West Harrison today heading to lilloet river only to be let down by a washout just passed tretheway creek.

I know you never tell a fishing spot but if someone could guide me in a certain direction it would be very much appreciated and who knows maybe if your up in the quesnel area I can let you know about a few spots.

I am just looking for some decent raindow fishing.

thanks a bunch geeeeeter done

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
oh wow ... that is a long drive for mediocre fishing in the llilooet.
Pick up a back roads map book, and a copy of the regulations for region 2 and take a look at the rivers. There are tons of places to fish in the LM that offer just as good, or better fishing at this time of year then the lillooet river. There is the Harrison river, Chilliwack/Vedder river, Chehalis river.

Your best bet right now is to get your steelhead tag and go fish the Vedder river. There's still lots of fish coming through and the season closes April 31st. After that it is fly-fishing only. It is only about 70km from surrey. Look at a map of chilliwack and where the river runs through the town. it is very accessible, so pick a spot and go check it out. If you're looking for some places to start look at the "vedder crossing" area, anywhere around the bridge is good, or lower. Look at Lickman road, or peach road on the map, all easy to find, all good areas to fish.

Use pink worms, shiny spinners, wool-ties, roe, shrimp, prawns, squid ... anything that they might have eaten in the ocean or that you think might entice them to bite.

There .... an extremly quick intro to steelhead fishing, good luck. Personally, i would save the Lillooet for a little later, but still before all the snow up high begins to melt....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha ya it was a journery. That is what I have been doing just going through my map book... I am thinking of checking out the Skagit River this weekend. I am really trying to avoid the vedder I am not used to fishing with people lined up the beach as I have heard it can get like that.

thanks a bunch for the tips I will let you know how the Skagit is.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
.... and even then (sept/oct) you can find spots to fish on your own. People are lazy facks who mostly like to fish 100 feet away from where they parked their car. So its no wonder when you find these popular spots with like 100 guys standing shoulder to shoulder, tangling lines left and right. Go for a walk and you'll find your peace ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh so you can find some peace there? I will definetly consider that then after my Bella coola trip :)

So far I have been to the squamish 2 weeks ago and chekamus last weekend with a few dollies but no luck for steelies. I don't know if the spots are just so over fished we seen to catch one or two and then have to change spots. Are there still a few steelies running up squamish and the chekamus? And if so how far up do they usually run? Maybe I have been going to far up trying to avoid people...

Also does anyone know of any good trout rivers to hit up until the chinook run? I need something to hold me over.

Thanks for the help for this lost fisherman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.