BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i guess no one wants to sell me their hub so maybe i can fix the one i've got. i can't get it to rotate fully to the lock position. the only thing that i can see that isn't upto snuff is the pawl which is slightly bent. i've tried to straighten it, but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect. any other ideas? if you think you can fix it, i'll buy you a case of cold canadian. thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
have you tried wrecking yards, you can generally pick them up for about 50-75 a piece, I would go that route and then just mess around with the hub you have right now.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i just bought a set of Warn premium hubs because of the exact same problem!!! i can sell you the ONE that does work however if you want to screw with that one... email me at [email protected] i think nissan is compatable with toyo... well at least my warn hubs are i know!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
k, i bought another used pair. being that i am new to manual hubs, i have a probable dumb question. when looking inside the hub from the bottom, the inner hub should turn as i move the control handle from "lock" to "free", right? these ones don't. i don't think the guy i bought them from was trying to scam me, but it kinda sucks that i might have bought non functioning hubs.

·
Registered
920 Posts
i was in the same boat but i tried mine before i bought. the guy sure wasnt happy with me doing that but thats ok. the whole inside of the hub is supposed to move up when being locked and down when being unlocked. i would recommend a pair of aftermarket hubs but if you want to stick with your aisins thats alright to i guess. good luck

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, i've figured these things out now. the ones i bought are just fine. plus, i was able to fix the one that i had bought first that wasn't working. so now i have an extra pair. anyone need 'em?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.