BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I am having trouble on my 66 CJ5 getting the oil pressure sensor to stop leaking. I have tried multilple sensors and they all leak from the threads. I have tried silicon dring overnight as well as teflon tape without success. Does anyone have any ideas on how to stop this from leaking?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Have you been using teflon tape to seal the threads? if not try that it should fix your problem .... tapered threads are desinged to be used with a thread sealant to seal.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Maybe the female threads in the engine are loose / worn out.
Does the sender thread right into the engine block, or is there some kind of adapter piece in between?

If it's right into the block and no amount of silicone does the job, maybe you'll have to have the hole drilled and tapped out to the next size NPT thread, and use a brass pipe thread adapter to fit the sender. If you go this route, take extra care to get all the shavings out of the block!

Permatex has a bunch of products that might help, including a liquid pipe thread sealer in a tube, and various non-hardening gasket-in-a-tube compounds. It's worth experimenting.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts