BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between a 2f and f toyota motors. Is one better than the other? Does one have more problems than the other? And any other info that I might find useful in comparing the 2.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
The F is a little smaller in displacement than the 2F, 237 cubes to the 2F's 260 or so.
But the big difference is in the oiling system. The 2F is a better design with its in line filter as opposed to the F's parellel arangement. Early F's had a cartridge oil filter, all 2F's have a spin on type.
Power is about the same, basically the 2F is the newer more refined version of the two.
But there's nothing wrong with a good running F.
A lot of parts interchage on these motors, but if I had to pick one I'd take the 2F every time.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.