BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Any recommendations within the lower mainland or Victoria for having a flat-deck built. My box has had it and it's time for a change! Thanks.

Sloane.

·
Registered
593 Posts
That would be a cool job to be involved in. You may want to call around for aluminum fanufactors. See what thay have to offer. Will the deck be tiltable? Sliding? or stationary? You relize, it may be more cost then just having a replacment box put in place.

·
Registered
523 Posts
where are you?
if close to chilliwack, my brother in law may be able to sort you out. great fabricator.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im actually out in Port Moody, but I'm willing to go for a drive if needed...PM me if this is something he would be into helping out with. I'm not looking at anything complicated, just stationary, simple but functional. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
593 Posts
ohh that flat drawer for the tools is what I really had in mind. Issues is, I do not have the funds to buy it. I wonder if thay hire people who do not have aluminum welding skills?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
the drawer would be cool but damn I hope a guy has his crap secured well in it before he uses the dump capability of the bed otherwise all your crap will be at one end haha.

·
Registered
593 Posts
That would be funny ;)

I think similar situation has occurred when to many drawers on a tool chest are opened at once and entire box tips over.

I am going to weld or rivit my custom tool tray system. Should work out nicely when its done.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
if your on the island contact [email protected] just built my buddy cage did a great job and got it done super quick there should be some pics up soon of it.

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
I will say that everyone will have there opinion of where to something built so I will chime in and agree witrh brent SPIDR at KARNAGE FAB did an awsome job on my exo cage in a very short timeline I needed it done by. Very personable and listens to your ideas. My experience was A+, defeninently worth the ferry ride. I will post up a thread tomorrow

·
Registered
593 Posts
I imagine the operating cost of a fab shop on the island would be less then the lower mainland and thus, some of the savings would be passed to the customer?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
true story mostly though cause they have to work around there clients cheap as* islanders
I imagine the operating cost of a fab shop on the island would be less then the lower mainland and thus, some of the savings would be passed to the customer?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts