BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay my box isnt the best anymore :( so im thinking of cutting the box sides off. now i dont have room in my budget for messing up royally and having to get another box so i want this one too look decent. Anyone that has done this to their box want to help me out a bit and tell why wat to watch out for such as electricals and where to cut and all. And how u got the lights working again and what you used for lights.
thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
How much do you have to throw at this project? Think about getting some C-channal, angle iron, and some 2x8's and a peice of checker plate. A short lenght of C running behind the cab and two longer peices running back to the rear. the angle will go under this to tie it togther from side to side and support the 2x8 in the middle. Fit in the 2x8's to form the deck, you should weather proof these first or get preasure treated. Then cap the open end with the last of your C, attach the checker plate to this to form a skirt that you can mount your recycled taillights in and voila! One flat deck. :cool: :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you want a pic of a nice deck, I'll send it to your email. I don't know if I can post pictures on here or not. Anyway, this one I had on my truck took 2 days to build and always had people asking about it. I used some lights I got from a trucker store. Total cost was about 270 bucks.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts