BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was thinking about getting a high flow exhaust system for my YJ. I can across flowmaster.....have any advice on this system? Good news? Bad news?

I would be getting a high flow cat with a flowmaster cat-back.

Thanks.

Angelo

------------------
My RigRater Score: 279RRv1.0 with a BOA of 15.04 -- http://www.rigrater.com

·
Registered
102 Posts
Flowmaster good.....nice flat mufflers for better clearance and moderately priced.

Just my opinion, even though I run a Gibson cat-back on my XJ...I don't want it anymore, lol...I got the 24" muffler and it's so long...clearance under my rig sucks...

------------------
Phil M. - Kent, WA
95 XJ Sport w/Stuff
"Who cares about a list of crap, can you drive it?"

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does it sound?
Its it pretty load or does it have a nice low to moderate tone?

Does it last pretty long?

Thanks.

------------------
My RigRater Score: 279RRv1.0 with a BOA of 15.04 -- http://www.rigrater.com

·
Registered
7 Posts
How does it sound?

Flowmasters have a nice throaty, open sound. I love the sound they make. The tow chamber series are quite loud but the three chamber series are comparable to most performance muffler.

Does it last pretty long?

Their built like a brick [email protected]#* house. When your rig rusts out you'll pull it off to put on your new rig.

I've got two (2 chamber) and love em. My buddy had a three chamber and loved it as well.

Rich

·
Registered
158 Posts
I love mine! I have a 50 series cat-back system with a 2.25" pipe out on a 4cyl. It sounds great. However, I wish that I would have went with the 40 series. It is a bit deeper/throatier sounding and louder. The performance is that same between them.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Registered
419 Posts
I just bought an '89 4.0L Cherokee Laredo, and its got pretty nice power (haha compared to the old samurai I had) but a nice exhaust would be nice. What sort of price range are we looking for a 3 chamber flowmaster?

------------------
Soon to be a 4.0L Cherokee

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
well i have the borla stainless section of exhause that from the muffler to the tip. i have the tip as well. if you want it give me an email. oh ya it has a million mile warrenty and is t304 stainless. (2 years old with receipt)

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

·
Registered
158 Posts
Originally posted by Throttle:
I just bought an '89 4.0L Cherokee Laredo, and its got pretty nice power (haha compared to the old samurai I had) but a nice exhaust would be nice. What sort of price range are we looking for a 3 chamber flowmaster?

Parts and Labor ran me $250 US$. That was either the 40 or 50 series with a stainless steel tip at my local shop. Not too shabby. They are a big Flowmaster dealer.

I would suggest probably a 2.5" pipe for your application.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

[This message has been edited by OptBlackNite (edited October 06, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
dangit, all this talk is making me wanna put a performance muffler in instead of nice flow through glass pack

------------------
-'85 XJ,2dr,4cyl,5spd,31x10.5's,2"lift,onboard air,bla,bla,bla,
-'82 J-10 Project truck, 258 straight 6, 5spd, 30x9.5's
"its not what you drive, or where you drive,
its driving what you have to where you want to go"

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well over at Lordco here, they quoted me about $148 for a triple chamber flowmaster... parts only....

------------------
Soon to be a 4.0L Cherokee

·
Registered
30 Posts
forget flowmaster yeah there is nothing really wrong with it. oh and if you do buy a flowmaster kit install it your self if you have any mechanical talent its not that hard.

But what i say is go custom geez, yeah its a little more cash but well worth it. You can go as big as you want and they do all the pipe fitting acording to your jeep. So no worries about will it fit properly if you get a kit. And you can still have a flowmaster muffler if you want

1 - 14 of 14 Posts