BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here lets keep our fingers crossed it go to the back burner for a long time..

------------------
[email protected] Coquitlam Crawlers 4x4 club
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should I say until A Girls Toy drove it in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Tell me if this is a dumb idea, but...

Why not approach government agencies in a similar manner as the environmentalists, but with a twist...

There seems to be an aweful lot of money available to saving green space these days...

Why not appoach it from the angle that we are trying to save green space...but with continued access to multi-use groups.

Look at HV, the TLC got 3mil from the CRD and 2mil from the feds to buy one of the best 'wheelin' spots in Canada. Look at Saltspring Island, 13mil from the government to save green space for the TLC (not the general public). And I believe there is still 20mil or something left in the Forest Renewal fund for purchases in B.C.

Buying land to save it from logging and development is one thing, but to continue onto banning multi-use based on lies and trumped up fuzzy facts is another.

The problem I've seen with land-use issues is that yes, there are lots of people trying to get things done, and yes lots of people are making an effort to support the cause, but there doesn't seem to be a larger plan or any truley effective spokespersons working our behalf...that's my perception anyway...I could be wrong.

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

"Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the centre of the universe". - Fishbone circa 1993

"I love the smell of Argon in the morning, smells like victory".

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert Humphrey

·
Registered
391 Posts
Elliot said in his report the province would seek "fair market value" for the Crown lands.
I hope this doesnt mean he's gonna put it up for sale like the rest of the crown assets in the province. I'd rather see a hiking park with no vehicle access than another million dollar a shot housing development. Thats probably not what he meant but who knows with this government.

This is good news but the issue is still far from over, theres still other avenues they can use to shut us out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.