BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway so I am completly sick and tired of my steering. I can't take it anymore, I don't trust it, it scares me.
I got some money together and I am going to order up the all-pro hysteer (it's on sale right now) on Monday. Anyway I have alsways been an advocate of small lift. This kit requires 3 inches of lift, which I have but it is not all spring lift. I am not getting new springs, I got these springs for nearly free and they flex real well. I figure I am getting about an inch and a half to 2 inches of lift from these springs. The rest of the lift is from a 2 inch lift shackle I have. Anyway as you can imagine my axel is rotated back quite a bit. My concern is will I be able to bolt the kit up or will I have to get a drop hanger in the front first. I don't want to do the drop hanger because I am on a tight budget and I will probably have to get my d-shaft lengthened a bit. SO I guess the question is, is the clearence issue in front of the axel, above the axel or behind the axel? I am sure I have enough room above and behind the axel but my springs are so angled that it gets very iffy in front of the axel.

Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not sure about most of that stuff but I am running the stock driveshaft on 6" of lift and it still has enough room to extend some more at full droop... you wont need driveshaft work:soso

·
Registered
136 Posts
the only way to find out is to try them out.. bolt them on.. you have any pictures???

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could get pictures but I can't host them.

6 inches of lift? When I throw my truck on the hoist at work if I hang off of the pinion I can seperate the driveshaft....

·
Chump
624 Posts
I use old semi-crappy 3.5" lift springs, they have been installed for over 3 years...so I am not sure of the actual lift.

I also bought the All Pro X-over, it was the cheapest full kit (if you can get them shipped to a Blaine address, I picked mine up in person in Hemet, CA)

Here are a few pics from lifting all 4 corners with it installed, it hits a little bit but there was very little rubbing noticed during a trip to Walker Valley, I will deal with it when I do some spring mods but for now it is not bad at all.

I can explain more when I get back from holidays (next weekend), email me

Crap geocities may not allow all to see the pics, maybe BBP can host them for a few days :*******

http://www.geocities.com/toy4wdca/hysteer-test/

·
1,269 Posts
Yee haw low-steer! :*******

This one isn't very good but it's pretty much the only one that gives you a remote idea of what kind of clearance you can expect. I'd say Jordan's springs render about a 2-3 inch actual lift.

·
Registered
544 Posts
my OTT's kit came with a pitman arm that hugs the frame way closer then the one in the picture.I don't know if it just the way jordan mounted the box but my drag links tie rod end is like 1/16th of an inch away from the frame,might work better for a low lift

·
Registered
300 Posts
Definetly check out OTT, the steering arms are way nicer than AllPro's. I also have a friend that is making very nice hysteer kits here in Abbotsford with FJ80 tierod ends

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK cool, from the looks of those pictures I may be in business. I will definetly look into OTT's stuff if the pitman arm has more clearnece because boy it is going to be close. I am going to try to get some pictures tonight or tomorrow so you guys can have a look. What have you guys liked about X-over besides the extra flex and strength? I keep eating up draglinks and bending my freaking tie rod. My truck feels like it is constantly hydroplaning on the HWY.:rolleyes:

·
1,269 Posts
My pitman arm from my early allpro kit is like OTT's, but on my SAS it whacks my frame real good. I have since switched to a pitman arm with more drop, you can have the old one for like $40 if you want.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there any way to get a hold of OTT other than the three mail addresses posted on their site? Do they not have a phone number??

·
Registered
382 Posts
Call Rick.... (604) 764-7871

·
Registered
398 Posts
CALL OTT OTTINDUSTRIES.COM MI HAVE PROTO TYPE #7 #8 I LIKE EM.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK it's time to bring this thread out of the closet. Anyway, I picked up the OTT kit and the last thing I need are the TRE's which I *should* be able to buy later this week. I just wanted to clarify a few things real quick.

- The TRE's I need for the OTT kit are Moog 150 L and R correct? I am assuming I use one of these to attach the pitman arm to the drag link as well? THis means I need two 150 L's and 2 R's. Does all this sound right?

- I want to move my axle forward about an inch. I am going to use the backspaced holes in the spring perches. Does anyone know if I will have more clearence problems with my steering if I do this and mount my box using the STOCK mounting hole? It seems to me like it may decrease clearence?

- Also, if I use the backspaced hole in my perches does it add extra stress to the spring? Should I extand my spring perch a little or do most people not have a problem just hooking it up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You should try calling Randy from Breeze ind.. I bought a complete package from him (toyota hi-steer) That is if you wanna buy locally...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ryan said:
You should try calling Randy from Breeze ind.. I bought a complete package from him (toyota hi-steer) That is if you wanna buy locally...

ok..... I have the OTT kit. I fail to see how calling a person from another company and asking them technical questions about a competitors product and some completly irrelevant questions is an intelligent route to take with regards to answering my questions. But thanks for trying;)

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Where did you buy the OTT kit from 4Runnin? They should have the answer to your questions.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Wil said:
Where did you buy the OTT kit from 4Runnin? They should have the answer to your questions.

and how much did u pay 4runnin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts