BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My baby is a 1992 Ranger, s/c. Still has the 2.9 in it (looking at a 4.0l swap) with a stick and manual hubs. 4" spring-pack lift in the rear and 2" coil-overs in the front. WARN 8274 in the front bumper.

Answers to the name of Eeore (slow, dumb and grey, but always gets where he is going... eventually.)

What about you?

------------------
Life is just like an episode of Survivor... Outwit, Outlast, Outplay.

·
Registered
228 Posts
1992 Ford Explorer

4.0L Auto, K&N, Flowmaster exhaust
Dana 35 front, Ford 8.8" LS rear, 3.73 gears

5.5" Stupidlift front
Custom SOA rear w/ 2wd Ranger leafs

33x10.5 BFG AT KO's, Warn manual hubs, CB, Thule roof rack, Grizzly push bar

Westcoast custom pinstriping...

Cheers

Dale

[This message has been edited by tiessen (edited August 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
583 Posts
1992 Explorer XLT with lift and tires. Nothing special but I like it.

4.0L, beefed up A4LD automatic

4.10's, Dana 35 front with Warn Manual hubs and ARB. 8.8" rear with factory LS(ARB as soon as the new version is released) and disc brakes.

6.5" lift in front using combination Superlift brackets and radius arms, and SkyJacker coils. SuperRunner steering.

SOA rear with 2" lifted springs (not installed yet but should be by the end of this week) for 8" total lift in rear.

33 x 12.50 Wrangler AT/S for the street, modified(not quite finished yet) 33 x 12.50 Thornbirds for off road. Both sets mounted on 15 x 7 factory aluminum wheels.

Cheap CB with really bad glass mount antenna.

Warn HS9500 winch not yet installed.

6 way power leather, cruise, tilt, air, pw, pdl, JBL sound system.

Also has custom West Coast pin striping with Utah touch ups and Alberta undercoating.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited August 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
FULLSIZE

1969 Ford F100 4x4.
Ranger trim package, all stock chrome, westcoast mirrors, headliner, carpet, dual tanks, that cool tool box in the side.

Mods.

Skyjacker 9" front springs
locally built 12" rear springs (it just worked out that way),
power steering conversion,
front disk brake conversion,
power brake conversion,
NP435-NP205,
reverse cut Dana 44 front-4.10 gears,
Ford 9" 31 spline limited slip rear-still looking for cheap gears
Motor not put together yet.
38.5 Super Swamper SX's.

Dan.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well So far nothing special but getting their I hope...
1989 Ford F150
302 EFI
3 inch body lift
Rancho Shocks and stabalizers
CB with Dual wips
Kenwood Stereo system

Just spent the weekend replacing the lifters due to a colapsed lifter. and had a rocker and fulcom and pushrod wore replaced the furlcom and pushrod but couldent find a rocker to match on a sunday and needed the truck for monday so put it back togeater. still got a bit of a tick but at least its not as bad as it was. Ill have to change it out on the weekend when the parts come in ... and figures I nicked a Oring on one of the injecters and took me a 1/4 tank of gas to get home and a fire extinguiser sitting in my lap ..hehehe

·
Registered
195 Posts
95 F150 4x4 (James King)
4" rancho lift
33 BFG Mud TA's
Cat Back Exhaust
MSD 6 Offroad Ignition System, with coil and wires.
302 K&N filter
Grizzly Double Single Roll Bar
4 100w KC lights
Cobra CB
Open diffs 3.54
And as someone else said .....
"Lot's of westcoast pinstriping"

·
Registered
898 Posts
Uhm, I've got a really ugly '84 Bronco II with 6" of lift, 32's, and a chopped top. Answers to the name "Broncenstein"
Lots of info on my web page www.Broncenstein.homestead.com/Untitled1.html

[This message has been edited by Blue coyote (edited November 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
1980 Bronco Ranger XLT (Trigger)

400M 9.0:1 pistons, 5" K&N, Accel Stupid Coil, dual shorty pipes
hi-stall torque convertor
C6 w/shift kit
3:50 limited slip in 9" rear
3" ProComp lift, Trailmaster shocks
35" BFG ATs
buckets, rollbar, CB, no carpet, Lincoln 12" day/night mirror, AURS air freshener

BRONCOSAURUS n. an endangered sport-ute species, due to its inability to reach next gas station before running empty. Frequent sightings at local Tempo or Arco stations where they feel much more secure.

[This message has been edited by Bocephus (edited September 23, 2000).]

·
Basic Baboon
183 Posts
1984 FS Bronco

351W V-8
C6
32" BFG AT's

Only option is the trailer towing package. Real simple inside; just the factory vinyl flooring. It's the ugly tan color inside and out, but she runs. You'll find a few pic's on my website.

------------------
--C.J. Ford
http://cjford.stormloader.com

[This message has been edited by CJ (edited September 01, 2000).]

·
Registered
12 Posts
My rig is nothing horribly special, but this is how she stands so far:
  • 1977 F-150 shortbox
  • 390 V-8 w/ stock 2-bb carb, K&N air cleaner, Flowmaster (the 40-series bad boys) exhaust
  • NP205 t-case, 9" rear end (open, unfortunately - still contemplating locker options), high-pinion Dana 44 front end w/ Warn manual hubs, custom rear driveshaft
  • 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift
  • 33" Dunlop Mud Rovers
  • a just-purchased Warn XD9000i, along with 3 6" Pro=Comp lights, soon to be fitted to the beast

That's about it for now... I'm still contemplating some form of engine work, but as with all things related to the FE block, it's a matter of how much cash I feel like spending..

Even better, this is my daily driver, too...

G

·
To tell you the truth..........
I doesn't matter what year or what model of Ford You own or wheel.
tick with the Blue Oval...........
I currently have 4 projects..all fords
My best one My wheelin Rig is a 1979 ford f350 Possie front & rear Dana 60's 31 spline axles, 4" lift 37" marshalls' Mint body, long box. I have been working on a snatchin a 4 valve 429 big block for Big horesies. when done I will show a picture.
2. 1977 f-150 on 35 BFG's .Buckets Custom Interior, This truck's powertrain is completly new, currently rebuilding 300 inline six,4gear, 205.Will be ready for paint thanksgiving weekend.
3.1985 Bronco 150 XLT, loaded, Just dumped in a crate rollerized 302 H.O. Fuel injected. 31" kumos'. Rear quater panels next step.
4.Finally my toy 1976 f-100, Sshhhhh 2 wheel long box .completly rebuilt 390 4 barrel out of 1968 galaxie 500. $ barrel dualplane aluminum offenhauser intake with 650 eidlebrock carb. Misty silver with smoked Ghost flames on hood and front fenders. 5 slot aluminum Jelly bean rims.2500 rpm stall c-6 automatic, limited slip 2:68 rear end in dual webbed 9' housing
!!!!!!!!! Born blue !!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!! Die Blue!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
* RedRath Racing/Recovery Lmtd.*
Central Interior executives to the Backroads and Mud

·
Registered
397 Posts
I drive a '72-'90 Early Bronco / F150 / Mustang Ford truck. The engine's from the 'stang, the clutch and tranny are F150, (I think), and the Dana 20 and axles are from EBs. Oh, the second t-case is a Dodge NP203, but that's neither here nor there.

Of course, with the Jeep frame and body it doesn't actually LOOK like a Ford but hey, you can't have everything!

Chris

------------------
See my Jeep's website:
www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

·
Registered
1 Posts
94 Ranger SC 4x4
4L V6 5spd, K&N, Hypertech Chip (for sale), Aroura Wires, 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, 31" BFG KO's, Rear Disk Brake Conversion (for sale), 4.10 Limited Slip. Huge Box, Rockford Sub/amps, Pioneer Deck/Changer. B&M carbon shifter, Hella Driving Lights

[This message has been edited by ford99 (edited September 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
616 Posts
99 F250 SuperDuty
Regular Cab
7.3 Powerstroke
EOD4 tranny
3:73 gears w/factory limited slip rear
4" Procomp front springs
1.5" custom rear blocks
16x10 American Racing Baha wheels
315/75 BFG AT KO's
Rhino linered

Still much more to add

JP

·
Registered
134 Posts

That punk kid SNORTclown got me hooked on wheeling when he took me for a ride in his 'new' Toyota PU and I do mean new. It's the same one he beats mercylessly now
. When he first got it he washed it every day and actually cried when he got his first brush scratch REALLY....man he's come a long way.
Anyway, I bought a 66 Bronco. It was stock, I though, except some dough-head put leaf springs in front. I got it home and started to 'fix it up'. Read that spend money. The first thing I did was pull the cover off the front Dana 30, nothing but rusty chunks fell out. I ordered a Dana 44 from a Bronco outfit in CA (mo' $). I ran to Olympic 4x4 to get some radius arms to replace the springs and they charged me $160 for the pair. Man I was stupid back then, I'll never forget Dana for that. Anyway the first year I upgraded to the 44 and Wild Horses Rock Crawler coil springs, a Detroit and a set of some cheapo offroad shocks. I had a worn out 302 and a 3 speed on the floor. Man I was a Big Dog with my 33" Cooper Discoverer horse trailer tires. I played around that way for awhile. Long enough to know I needed some serious help. The engine burned more oil than a Panamanian banana boat and the 3.5's just didn't cut it. So, out came the 3 speed and in went a NP 435. Out came the 3.5's and in went 4.56's and a LockRight for the nose. Out came the beat up old 302 and in went another beat up old 302. I lowered the rear spring hangers and us SNORT guys headed for our first Rubicon trip with the POR. Man that was an eye opener, those boy's can ROCK. We were all scared shipless half the time but didn't want to show it. I broke ton's of stuff but made it home anyway. It's funny looking back, we go down there now and it's just "point and shoot" driving. I was really hooked, so were the rest of the guys. I had one IRC under my belt and decided to do a complete frame off before the next one. I got another frame, set it in the garage and decided it was time for some serious modifications. I added my Toyota steering, a wristed radius arm, full width high pinion 44 in the front, full width HD 9' with a Warn FF, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 corners coils, 4 link rear, rock light's, removeable nose clip, 9000xi, on-board air, long travel shocks a 3" body lift, new wiring, new hydralics I added and Optima Battery and some other odd's and ends. The poor old Body is beat to crap and I have been wanting to have a little more comfort as I explore the wilds of the NW so a month ago I went up to Surry and got a shell of an 86 Range pu. I'll be putting the cab on this winter and a custom flat bed and roll cage. I also have a HP 60 I'll be putting in the rear because the driveline angles of a 9" just plain suck. I don't know if the picture I tagged to this message will come out but if your interested in more check out my webpage at www.gnrac.net/~fearme.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
That's a hell of a tale Roger, I almost cried! Enquiring minds want to know if SnortClown also waxed his truck too....now that is great gossip!(blackmail)

·
Registered
76 Posts
well my rig is a 1977 1/2 ford f-250....it started as a 351 cleveland 4v with a 4 spd 38.5/16/16.5 gumbo monsters mudders.was quite the beast, went everywhere in it....then changed the 351c to a 400m(cleveland had to rev too much to develope power) that motor turned out to be a smoker, so i bit the bullet and went to the 460 conversion, what a difference ,twice the gas milieage and 5 times the hp!...that motor turned out to have a cracked oil ring , so i popped another one in and this one seems to do the trick, spent a grand on the motor, goes real nice, put in a good clutch and some 38 super swampers, no w i just break axles alot...lol
lockers are coming and a winch next week!..woo hoo

good to see other ford fans around, i didn't know they made other brands of trucks?...lol
also own a 81 bronco with 3 inch lift and 33's

·
Registered
69 Posts
96 F-150

302 5 speed, procomp front suspention, extra leaf in back, auburn posi, 33" BFG's

Need 6" lift and lower gears hopfully soon.
also need bush bumpers.

I have replaced rear axel, rear end, heater core, 4th water pump, 2 starters, first and second gear sincro,s and shifter towers, and front suspention, right front moter mount. If anything else breaks I will turn it into a chev!!!

Can see my truck in the photo album. (rod purdom)

[This message has been edited by Rpurdom (edited September 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Rpurdom (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by Wil:
That's a hell of a tale Roger, I almost cried! Enquiring minds want to know if SnortClown also waxed his truck too....now that is great gossip!(blackmail)
Not only did he wax it, he cleaned the engine, vacumed the floors and polished the chrome wheels. He once got a dent and couldn't get to a body shop fast enough.
His greatest desire as a kid was to own a set of Thornbirds, he thought they looked cool.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts