BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that alot of people run ford shock hoops in the front with rancho 9012's, of there yotas. Can you buy these hoops aftermarket or is it a wrecker part that is a b*tch to get off? Any opions on the conversion or helpful hints!! Thankx

------------------
When in doubt, gas it out

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by Fay:
I have noticed that alot of people run ford shock hoops in the front with rancho 9012's, of there yotas. Can you buy these hoops aftermarket or is it a wrecker part that is a b*tch to get off? Any opions on the conversion or helpful hints!! Thankx

You can buy them new at the Ford dealer. Ford F250 shock tower part number is E5TZ*18183*A
I have not priced them out yet but I have heard prices range from $20 to $30 (depending on what the counter guy thinks of you)

JCD

·
Registered
37 Posts
Indeed, I paid $18 ea for mine...at $12, I'm takin mine back, and gettin em from your GF too!

------------------
Keith (aka RedApe)
82 Toy
http://www.island4x4.com
Victoria BC

[This message has been edited by RedApe (edited February 06, 2002).]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is the best way to mount the 9012's in the rear. Cuase I haven't seen any info on this.

------------------
When in doubt, gas it out

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by Twigman:
I had my girlfriend go in and buy mine got them for 12 bucks for the pair.

Was she wearing that "I wish these were brains" t-shirt?

J/K
That is cheap....the shock towers..not her...oh nevermind

JD

[This message has been edited by Jordan (edited February 06, 2002).]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by Fay:
what is the best way to mount the 9012's in the rear. Cuase I haven't seen any info on this.

When I did mine, we welded the shock mounts to the back side of the axle and angled them into the center of the truck. I don't have access to a digital camera so I can't really send any pics.

------------------
88' 4Runner
SAS and a little bit of lift.
"All your Toyota are belong to me"
Member of the "Herd"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hey Greg do you find that putting your back up lights there provide good lighting at night time backing up. I was just testing under my truck a good place to mount them without getting thrashed or hit with rocks from the tires.

------------------
Treading Heavily

·
Registered
37 Posts

I replaced my cross member with this 4"x2" box tube, with the aide of Dave Hope (DAVEbilt). The factory crossmember was my original mount, like Greg's, but due to cancer, I lost the mount...DOH!
Cleavage Rock last year at Island4x4.com's Trail Jam.

------------------
Keith (aka RedApe)
82 Toy
http://www.island4x4.com
Victoria BC

[This message has been edited by RedApe (edited February 07, 2002).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.