BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to put larger tires on my truck and I need to put in a new speedo gear. Does anyone know whether or not I will lose any tranny fluid when I pull out the old gear? Should I angle the truck so the fluid is on the other side of the tranny?

Also, what should I use for air pressure in the tires. I am running a 94 Ranger 2WD and the old tires were LT195/75R14 and 35psi. The new tires are LT235/75R15.

Thanks for the help.

------------------
94 Ranger
Just a 3.0 2WD for now.
Nice looking Herculiner bedliner.

[This message has been edited by bigbadbob (edited February 17, 2001).]

·
Registered
583 Posts
You should only lose the few drops of tranny fluid that are on the gear itself.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help.

------------------
94 Ranger
29" tires
Just a 3.0 2WD for now.
Nice looking Herculiner bedliner.

G

·
wouldn't hurt to angle it, but generally no. i'm using the red gear speedo gear, makes the speedo read faster. i run 28(in town)-30(highway, economy) psi with a fiberglass canopy and a fair chunk of off-road gear/tools/spare tires, roughly around 400lbs. tire wear's looking pretty even. empty, i run about 25-26 psi. but it all depends on the tire too.

------------------
1987 Ford Ranger S\C reg box. 2wd for now... 30x9.50s, 2" lift. very soon 4.10:1 L/S axle. If I can't be found, you know where I am. Better come looking with a bigass winch!!! That would be me, the one sitting on the 6" of a roof sticking out of the biggest mud hole I could find!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts