BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how hard it is to convert the front end on a 82 f150 to a straight axle? Can I just bolt in a older Bronco axle? :confused2

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Not quite a bolt in...you will need to relocate the radius arm fame mounts to accomodate the longer radius arms, and make a mount off the frame for the trac-bar. The coil pockets should be in the right spot...try doing a search on this website and pirate4x4 for SAS...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Got a welder and cutting torch?
you will need them and some stock steel to fab neww mounts for leafs or do u plan on useing coils for front ?
leafs are the way to go if you ask me but any way you are looking at a good progect
Am contemplating doing a sas on my 97 f150 as well
as I feel the Ifs suck royally the weakest link.....:canadian

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Best / easiest mod you can do to a TTB front end:D :D
I did mine without torches or welder, just make sketches and take them to a fab shop.

·
Registered
302 Posts
80 - 96 is pretty simple (I'm in the middle of it right now) as for the later 97 up suspensions ... well ... like he says bring lots o tools

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
A coil spring provides a better linear rate as compared to a leaf...the only thing that restricts the flex of a coil sprung solid axle is the binding of the radius arms as one side compresses and the other droops, however there is a solution as pictured below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts