BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What frame do you figure would best fit a 1995 s10 body? I have the front clip/cab and box for a s10 and am wanting to make a project out of it. I was looking at a 1978 1/2 ton 4x4 frame no rust, all running gear. Will it have to be modified? I cant get measurements due to where it is located.

Any help will be appreciated.

------------------
Written Off, ICBC.. what a joke.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by ToYz:
What frame do you figure would best fit a 1995 s10 body? I have the front clip/cab and box for a s10 and am wanting to make a project out of it. I was looking at a 1978 1/2 ton 4x4 frame no rust, all running gear. Will it have to be modified? I cant get measurements due to where it is located.

Any help will be appreciated.

toyz,

the frame will have to be chopped, meaning you'll have to take some off of the front and back of the frame. then the wheel base won't match up so you'll have to bring either the rear wheels forward or the fronts back. then the body mounts will have to be changed and you'll have to modify the body. i have done all types of modifcations to vehicals but i haven't done this. best bet is to contact white knight. they have done this project. they can probably give you all the info you need. good luck.

steve
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey Toyz, If you should want to sell the S10 clip/cab shoot me a PM. I know somebody looking for one.

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender
Gradually becoming un-toyotafied.......Got 4.3???
http://www.ottindustries.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris:

Just contact your local napa/lordco/parts direct and ask if they are selling any of there delievery trucks, what i did got a wicked deal.. (1995 s10 blown engine good tranny/int and body) just gutted it and want to keep it for a project..

------------------
Written Off, ICBC.. what a joke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.