BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I moved to Surrey from Toronto less than two months ago. I am planning to transport my car: Mazda 3, year 2005, 230 000 km, good running condition, left front dented bumper, rust around edge of doors. I am planning to get car oil change and maintenance done in Toronto before transporting it over to Surrey.

I realized that I need to get an inspection done to continue driving it in B.C.. Would like some advice about this:

1) Would the dented bumper be a safety issue? (as it would be an expensive fix)
2) What are the general inspection items they check for?
3) Any good recommendations for vehicle inspections in Surrey (from the list http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/cvse/vehicle_inspections/PDF/DIFs.pdf) ?

Any other information is greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I brought my truck over from Alberta in 2005, when I registered it with my local insurance company here in BC, they went over it with me just to see if it was road legal. Such as working headlights/tail lights, no cracked windshield, pretty much just the basics. I had a few nasty dents from off roading in the rocky mountains, they made note of it but it didn't seem to be an issue for them. They also checked to see if my truck was modified in any way that would make it illegal for road/highway use. I'm sure your dented bumper won't be an issue and your local insurance company should be able to do the inspection. Although it might be different out here on the Sunshine Coast. You could always ask them to make sure.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are quite a lot of common causes of inspection failure. For example, my car failed inspection because of a vacuum leak present. Having a car inspection helped me to make sure that there are no fraudulent claims filed for physical damage to the car. For example, my friend wanted to have a used car inspected on his own before buying it. In the end, he made sure that everything was fine with the car and bought it. Now he wants to buy car insurance for a month. He found quite a few great companies with affordable prices thanks to Average Car Insurance Cost Per Month & Per Year (2021) .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts