BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie in the offroad world and could really use some help. For the past 2 years I have been working on nothing but integras and installing superchargers and many other things. Just recently I rode in my roommates CJ7 with 33" tires and I loved it!! I have the truck fever now and I'm hooked.

My head is about to explode with all of the knowledge I'm trying to take in. So I have to ask some questions for you guys. Check out my situation.

I love the Tacomas.
• Only want to spend between $8000-$9000
• I live in florida, and offroading would be minimal.
• Want to offroad on mud and beach occasionally.
• Daily Driver
• Here's what I like for susp.,tire,rim setup: Paste this: "http://toyotaoffroad.com/YourTrucks/images/thumbs/jtribull1s.jpg"
• Want Xtcab and 4 cycl. (for the mpg)
• Would like 33" Tires

From gathering the info I have. I'm thinking I should buy a 92 to 95 yota 4X4 base model and add the lift, tires, and rims with left over cash.

I'm so excited about getting a truck and I'm so close to just buying something on impulse. But I want to take my time and make sure I know exactly what I need and I do it the right way. Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Good luck finding one in good shape for that little (unless that is US cash). I just payed $12,000 CDN for a 93 in good shape. You may be able to find them cheaper where there is more selection, and they are cheaper in the States too. Up here they are hard to find cause nobody will get rid of them.

The 22re (4cyl) is a good engine but only comes stock with 4.10 gears so you will have to fork out for new gearing as well if you expect to move 33s with that. It is probably a little underpowered for much mudding as well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The 22R and RE is plenty of power for mud ! just keep reving

1 - 4 of 4 Posts