BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into beefing up my rangers diffs and if anyone has an 8.8 rear end or a dana 35 front I will buy them off you.

Travis

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by tcooke:
I was looking into beefing up my rangers diffs and if anyone has an 8.8 rear end or a dana 35 front I will buy them off you.

Travis
What front end came in an 88 B2? If it's a 35 I have a good one cheap. If the rear was an 8.8 I have one of those too.

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a smartassed punk----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

[This message has been edited by FearMe (edited May 11, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
As far as Rangers go. . . The D28 was used for the front axle up until '90, after which the D35 was used. The 7.5 rear axle was used on all Rangers except the '90 and up 4l -- which have the 8.8. Based on this, I'd expect any B2 to have the 7.5/D28 combo. The 8.8 in the 4l Rangers vs the Explorer was different as well. . .I believe the Ranger axle was a 28 spline, while the Explorer was 31. . .not completely sure though (haven't given a lot of thought to changing out my 7.5)

What engine/gears/tires are you running that are making you consider the swap?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Paul G in Calgary has an 8.8" from an Explorer to sell you...

------------------

1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bassically just looking for a d28 or d30 right now because mine just went up on eagle mountain the other day. Stock gears prefferable but will take others

·
Registered
261 Posts
I saw one at captin crunch auto wrecking in abby last week.They have very good prices and even then their price aint set in stone.

------------------
Coils & Twincam

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have gears for a 7.5(3.73) if that helps ,but anyways everyone(mechanics) tells me the ford 8.8 isnt as good its apparently weaker

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey fear me That 88' bronco you werre talking about, it should have a d28 but could you find out the gear ratio. I might take it off your hands. Where is Stanwoody in WA? Is it close to BC

Trav

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by tcooke:
Hey fear me That 88' bronco you werre talking about, it should have a d28 but could you find out the gear ratio. I might take it off your hands. Where is Stanwoody in WA? Is it close to BC

Trav

I'm about an hour south of the Border. I also have a 9" from a lincoln that is about the same width as the Ranger rear. Drum brakes.
Not the slightest idea what gear ratio. We pulled the body last night and all the running gear is really easy to get to now. I've got the front and rear diff's, T-case and the drivelines. The rear is that double Cardon one. All is in good shape. Plus good front and rear bumpers, steering box MC Brake stuff, and really good rear side glass. All the part's are going cheap. Matter of fact the first$250 US takes everything.

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a smartassed punk----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
5 Posts
_I have Front and Back Dana 60's (4.10:1, off of a 1978 Ford .
_The front 60 is a closed nuckle but has 6" lift springs on it.
_Both axels are gone through and ready to be bolted on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a 92 d30 with 4.10's for you but I can't sell it untill I have the money to complete my d44 that is taking it's place but make me an offer. It is complete and I am still driving on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts