BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how the hell do you get them out. I have them ot kinda there still in the yoke. I found the clips gotthose out and have soaked them ion wd 40 heated and pounded with little to no luck and ideas

·
Registered
397 Posts
Axle u-joints are tough to do, especially if they're old. There are ways to make it easier, but it's hard to describe in writing. Typical tools are a vice, some sockets (used as punches), and a 5lb mini-sledge. Your other option is to use a press tool, like a balljoint remover/installer.

It may be worth your while to take them to a place like Driveline Services and pay a few bucks each to have the guy there do them for you...

Chris

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank I go the old one out with a lot of hitting. net to pu the newon in and of course it was tewrng one. So went back to the parts store got te new ones and 20 bucks (score) I have put the new one on the drive shaft yoke and can't seem to fidure out how to put the clips on. # weird looking ones that I can't see where tey go or the fourth one that is diffrent from the other 3 putstilldon't know where it goes.

SOS SOS SOME ON HELP ME

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wll just found out why I couldn't find where the clips went. Tey gave me he wrong ones again. Well let's hope for better luck this time.

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
i will have them out in 10 sec. you just need to drive to white rock to get it done. i am home tonight if you want my help.
908-4832
andrew

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks but Ihave got them out and the new ones are in and I am on the road again.

Third time lucky on the u joints from the parts people

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I realize you were in a hurry to fix your rig, but you might want to take a second to read what you typed before you hit the "SUBMIT REPLY" box. I had a heck of a tyme tying tu reed yur post!:D :canadian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts