BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea....i'm looking into getting somemore protection for myself and my YJ, only problem is that i don't want to spend 1000 on a cage....NSOR sells a weld in front hoop and 2 spreaders(i'l add 2 more if i got the kit) for 225...but they only come for a CJ....my question is,would this fit into a YJ,with soft doors and a soft top??? i'm just wondering about width....oh and what have people done with there e-brake after installing a from hoop??? in my opinion i think it would block thee-brake right??? so would you have to bend it to the right to be usable???Thanks Cam

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
C.A.M.E.R.O.N said:
yea....i'm looking into getting somemore protection for myself and my YJ, only problem is that i don't want to spend 1000 on a cage....NSOR sells a weld in front hoop and 2 spreaders(i'l add 2 more if i got the kit) for 225...but they only come for a CJ....my question is,would this fit into a YJ,with soft doors and a soft top??? i'm just wondering about width....oh and what have people done with there e-brake after installing a from hoop??? in my opinion i think it would block thee-brake right??? so would you have to bend it to the right to be usable???Thanks Cam
FWIW - having built a couple of cages, $1000 is money well spent if you're getting a quality 6 point cage. That said, the weld in cages work. My old smitty built one saved my life and Pussy's smitty build saved his life too.

The CJ cage should fit a YJ with soft doors. The tubs are the same dimensions. It may be a tight fight around the YJ dash though so I'd get the CJ version made for a padded dash. I'm not 100% positive (so don't blame me if it doesn't fit :D).

My e-brake is still usable (just have the turn the handle slightly to release it).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea..i've heard that the cage that was built for a cj with a padded dash would fit 2.....i'm sorta ditching the e-brake....i wanna make one like in the TJ..with it in the console...might be able to get one outa a wrecked cherokee or tj...Thanks..Cam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts