BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
total newbie here so bare with me...

i put an extra leaf in the springs in the back of the truck, now i want to bring the front end up a little more. My question is
can i buy longer, stiffer coils to put into my truck? I'd like to get another 2 inches or 3 is it possible?
e.g. buy a f250 coil instead of a f-150 coil?
i have an f-150, 300 6 cylinder without air conditioning (heard they require a bigger coil?)
anyways thanks for the advise in advance

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
You can buy 2" leveling coils and adjustable camber bushings from a number of manufacturers, contact North Shore Offrad with a link from this site, and tell them how you found there website here @ BC4x4.com...this would make Lars and Wil happy. 2" is the maximum that you can go! Is this a 2wd or 4wd? F250 4wd use leaf springs in the front but the 2wd use coils plus stiffer spring rates so I would recomend going with the higher rate coils. This should cost around $400 bucks to do. Plus an alignments, you might also want to get a two inch drop pitman to prevent lots of bump steer, but it isn't a huge deal? Maybe some one has a set of leveling doils for your truck, by the way what year is it?

------------------
Shopping List...
15"x8" wheels 5x5.5" BCD
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by desteurm (edited March 07, 2002).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts