BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will The front springs of a 76 Bronco Fit on my 89 F150 ??? A Friend of mine wants to sell me a set of 4" lift springs that were on his truck Cheep.. Also does anyone know were i can get a diagram for the lift block were the IFS bolts to the frame. If the springs will fit i will get a welding shop to fab this up for me. Also do i need to get longer radius arms (i think thats what they are called havent had a coffe yet)

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
On a side note, a while ago I saw somebody had taken a ford twin traction beam front crossmember and bolted it to the bottom of a 2wd frame crossmember. Converted a 2wd to 4wd the easy way, and got mega lift out of it at the same time. Needed drop brackets for the radius arms. Longer arms with caster built into them would probably do the job too.

Dan

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ive got my original IFS drop brackets from when i put my lift in. From a 95 F150 4x4. You can BORROW them to use as a guide to make your new ones. I would like them back tough. Is 89 and 95 the same. I think so?

------------------
James King
95 F150 4"lift on 33's
Surrey B.C.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZYou have access to a scanner? Maby you could trace them out with some mesurements and email them to me instead of shipping them down for me to do the same thing

·
Registered
228 Posts
Check out this months Petterson mag, cool idea to modify lower ball joint on the ttb to adjust for camber instead of drop brackets (or you can cut and turn farther up the axle, see the Zimmerman explorer on www.explorer4x4.com)

But, those springs won't fit. The early bronco's have a D ring at the top and are open wound at the bottom. Newer ttb fords are open wound at the top and wound tighter at the bottom.

I might be interested in those spring though. Let me know ASAP.

Cheers

Dale
[email protected]

------------------

1992 Ford Exploder
5" lift, 33x10.5's

·
Unregistered Abuser
557 Posts
If they won't work for you, I'd be interested in trying them out on my Early Bronco...

Let me know if they're still kicking around.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I TRYED PUTTING AN 79 BRONCO IFS ON MY 82 BUT THEY HAVE SOLID AXELS AND WELL I HAVE NEVER USED SO MANY SWEARS TRYING TO GET THE NEW PEICES TOGETHER. IF I WAS YOU DO A SOLID AXEL SWAP AND THEN TAKE THE RIGGING

1 - 7 of 7 Posts