BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So can do you have to modify you front spring hanger on a 84 to fit in 44044s springs? Thanks and Cheers

------------------
84 xcab shortened 16inches,EFI coversion, Header,2 1/2 exhast, high lift cam, 3
" lift, welded rear,
rear track bar, 3in body lift, 33" comming soon, 24$ paint, flatbed, ready to be beaten, broke and shot.

·
Registered
544 Posts
when I first build my front hanger for my SAS I was originaly going to use ALL Pro springs(stock width)then I went with 44044's and I diden't want to cut up the hanger I had just made.anyways the 44044's come with thick bushings on one end and thin ones on the other.I put the thin ones on the front(leaf 2 clamps forward)and it just fit,I had to bend it apart slightly but not by much.with the thick bushing in the back there is also less difference between the frame mount and spring width(if you are making your own shackles.)

short answer
blah,blah,blah......Yes

------------------
Its done.44044's,chevy's,9012's,36 swampers.and it still fits in the garage!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by JimmyJ:
So can do you have to modify you front spring hanger on a 84 to fit in 44044s springs? Thanks and Cheers

Why not take the grinder to the eyelets on the springs? I dont imagine this would hurt anything unless your taking off large amounts of metal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kool, thats whut i wanted to know, im gonna be flexing.....thansk guys!

------------------
84 xcab shortened 16inches,EFI coversion, Header,2 1/2 exhast, high lift cam, 3
" lift, welded rear,
rear track bar, 3in body lift, 33" comming soon, 24$ paint, flatbed, ready to be beaten, broke and shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts