BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So some like the ranchos, some go for rear yj springs, waganeers? pro and cons of the springs. Have stock springs with a 2inch front drop, but they are really sagging and i need more lift and flex, whut should i go with? im liking the yj idea, with 2 lift shackles and the 2 inch front drop, and cost . i need some inside experinences, and thoughts before i go crazy.....

------------------
84 xcab shortened 16inches,EFI coversion, Header,2 1/2 exhast, high lift cam, 3
" lift, welded rear,
rear track bar, 3in body lift, 33" comming soon, 24$ paint, flatbed, ready to be beaten, broke and shot.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
My preference is for the Rancho's. I've had the stock wagoneer and they are good too but I would go with the 44044's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but will they work with the 2" front drop and 3" bigger shackle?thats alot of flexin....

------------------
" lift, welded rear,
rear track bar, 3in body lift, 33" comming soon, 24$ paint, flatbed, ready to be beaten, broke and shot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are the ranchoes the same width?

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need lots of flex!!!!!!!! will modify to fiT!!!!!!help me asap, im impatient, and board!!!!

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
1,269 Posts
Ranchos and Waggys are 2.5" wide. OEM Toy fronts are 2.36" wide. I'm putting the Waggys in my truck in a week or two. If you've got the cash, get the 44044s.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Go with 91 rear toyota leafs.
Its cheap and easy. I am running them in all 4 corners and it seems to work pretty good.
I dont have any pics uploaded anywhere right now so I cant show you, but I can email you some if you want.

In the front I moved the front spring mount forward 3" and down 1"
I then added an 1 1/2" cheavy add-a-leaf to the pack and bolted them on.
I figure I get about 4" of lift.

·
Registered
268 Posts
definately 44044s

i've got stock length all-pro's in mine - they do flex quite well for a stock spring, but the 44044s are better.

however, if you don't have any money..(because they're like 400 bucks - and lack of funds seems to be a recurring theme) do the 91 toy rears - i've seen whizzy's truck and it IS the **** .

------------------
Jeep. It's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pics not working wizzy.... rear leafs in the front eh?.....hmmmmm....

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet, with 91 rear toy springs all the wayaround? 4cyc, or v6?

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im not really in the postion to move the hangers fprward 3inches cause then i would have to redoo my bumper and skid plate, so ranchoes will work cause ill spend the $ if its worth it.

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
will the ranchoes work with the stock front hanger and stock shackle mounts?

------------------
" lift, welded rear,

·
Registered
325 Posts
hey Whizzy you got some pics you can send,along with some info of what you did that looks very interesting!!!
oh and my email is [email protected] Peace

------------------
86 4-Runner STILL stock

[This message has been edited by Gullygossner (edited February 28, 2002).]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.