BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Lars, Just curious, how do you decide who's truck you put on the front page. Are they submitted from members or do you actually take these pictures.

------------------
90 XJ traded it for
91 YJ stolen, replaced with
92 YJ
95 ZJ LTD

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by agent scully:
Hey Lars, Just curious, how do you decide who's truck you put on the front page. Are they submitted from members or do you actually take these pictures.
I take most of them but some, like the current one, are sent to me.

Warning: DO NOT send me image files larger than 200K in size. It will choke my Hotmail acct which I sometimes use to retrieve my email and in retribution, I will refuse to do anything with your photo.

Photos must be sharply focused, nicely composed, and well-lit. Only the really good photos will be used since the front page is a rather prominent and important location.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it was petersons that just did an article on how to photograph your rig so that it is even considered for the mag.
Most people are just too over anxious and send in crappy pics.
Anyone who is even considering getting their baby published in print or online should read the article.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by Trey:
I think it was petersons that just did an article on how to photograph your rig so that it is even considered for the mag.
Most people are just too over anxious and send in crappy pics.
Anyone who is even considering getting their baby published in print or online should read the article,

I found that article told us some pretty good tips about lighting angles etc... Check it out. Really informative.

------------------
80 Cj5, Met.Grey,360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Warn winch,
92 XJ Blue6/6.5" Rubicon, 33" Swampers, engine build up in the works

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've had my Jeep in 3 magazine's "Readers Rides" section. My advice is to send in four different shots/angles of your vehicle. be sure to include a 3/4 front shot. park it in a nice setting, and don't have anything distracting in your pic, other than your rig of course!

------------------
-James-
1988 YJ Laredo
[ ] | || || || [ ]

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by mudrunner:
HEY LARS! thats full size guys winning go to you??? just kidding!! thoughs guys, if they would realize that full size rigs are good for one thing!!! mud...
Um, that should be "whining." Anyway, you are probably going to get flamed el grande by the fullsize guys so I'll be leaving now.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
hehe... now that lars said you are going to get a flaming I will put this in
I have a full size and when I am finished it definately wont be a mud truck. the diffs will be 7.56:1. That should give it a nice crawl ratio.

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon BROKEN :(
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.