BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've heard so much about the fuel pump access door in 4runners. neither my 91 or 93 has the magical door, and the 93 needs a new pump. anyone cut out the floor to get at it? seems easier then dropping the tank. especially on the trail if you ever needed to. advice/experiences would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is plug access only. so cut a hole a little smaller than a shoebox lid and now access is easy. fuel pump mounty thing was rusted to shit. lordco didn't have them, so got one from toyota for $300. guarenteed to rust just as fast as the original.

·
Registered
483 Posts
the access hole is way too small and located under the carpet that is under the rear seat

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i knew the factory door only accessed the plug. i was wondering if anyone had cut out the floor under the seat instead of dropping the tank. i cut the floor out the other day. now the pump is out and changed and the truck is running again. dropping the tank is not as easy as cutting the floor was. aluminum cut off wheel so no sparks. hope i never need to access that damn thing again, but if i do, there is now an easier way that removing the tank, which, although advertised around as not a big job, really is a pain in the ass for the average dood without a clean dry flat place to work. 10 minutes to cut the floor was probably at least an hour faster, if not longer, than dropping the tank, fixing the pump, and putting the tank back in. i got pics if anyone else wants to save some time when they change their fuel pump. thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
105 Posts
IDK how these tanks are but the others just had 6 bolts and a couple lines as well as some wiring.

My problem was that one fitting (must be the pressure side) would not budge. and I wasn't gonna heat that up :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts