BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW FEUL PUMP, LINES NOT CLOGGED BUT NO GAS GOING TO THE CARB.IT'S A 460CI WITH A MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP.ANYONE HAVE A CLUE.DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE GAS IN THE LINES FOR THE PUMP TO WORK OR WILL IT PULL THE AIR THROUGH AND THEN THE GAS?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Just a bunch of questions, take them for just that.

Have you changed the fuel filter?
Have you checked the lines from the tank to make sure they are not plugged with junk? Or made sure there is nothing loose in the tank over the hole?
Do you have dual tanks? Is the switch between them working?
Are all your hoses hooked up in the proper place (nothing backwards)?

I had a similar problem in my dad's old Ford. Piece of plastic in the tank sitting over the hole.

Not sure if this helps, but good luck.
Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IT HAS A NEW FUEL FILTER(EDELBROCK) AND THE LINES ARE HOOKED UP RIGHT.I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS NO FUEL IN THE LINES AND PUMP WOULD YOU HAVE TO TURN IT OVER A BUNCH OF TIMES TO GET THE GAS TO THE CARB.?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Originally posted by LOUDFOOT:
IT HAS A NEW FUEL FILTER(EDELBROCK) AND THE LINES ARE HOOKED UP RIGHT.I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS NO FUEL IN THE LINES AND PUMP WOULD YOU HAVE TO TURN IT OVER A BUNCH OF TIMES TO GET THE GAS TO THE CARB.?
if there isn't any gas in the lines yet then it will take a couple times. you might also have condisation in the tank and the little bit of water is freezing in the line. if yuor not getting any gas to the pump then you've already narrowed it down to the line or something in the tank.

steve
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THANKS GUYS FOR THE ADVICE.I FOUND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG.THE GUY I BOUGHT THE ENGINE FROM HAD HIT THE WATER PUMP IN THE FRONT AND IN TURN IT DENTED THE TIMING COVER JUST ENOUGH SO THE BOLT THAT HELD THE CAM FOR THE FUEL PUMP CAME LOOSE AND THE CAM WAS STUCK.THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts