BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i start my truck it revs all to hell until i pry the gas pedal back towards me?? Then whenever i apply the pedal it holds itself down on its own?? Also my pedal is very very stiff all of a sudden(since my last 4x4 trip)?? anybody ever ran into this?? may this be the result of a bad spring on my carb?? PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE TO DRIVE TO ALBERTA FOR WORK ON FRIDAY:violin
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys i'll take it down to fountain today and have the mechanic show what i need to do, this way it gets doen right the first time and i learn something new:D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea what the problem is now?? yesterday i drove it around a bit and the pedal was fine again and it was idling properly, but on hilss or under alot of load the motor was sputtering like it would when your fuel filter(S) get plugged or the fuel pump, but i just replaced them all including the pump less than a month ago???:confused2 I'm starting to wonder why i ever got rid of my TOYOTA:laugh

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
???? i have no idea what the hell?? I drove around all day yesterday with minimal problem, then lifted the hood to was off the mud leftover from mondays outing and now everything's fine?? must of had mud packed into something that shouldn't have mud on it?? I also put a half a can of carb clean in this morning just for good measure. Thanks for all the help i'm off to work in alberta:beer cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.