BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i bought my runner the gas gauge was and still is broken and forgot to ask the guy how big the tank was... So here is the Question... How big is the gas tank on an 87 runner and how many Km's can you go on a tank of gas... any info would be great... oh and how hard is it to replace the float in the tank??

·
Registered
170 Posts
i think my tank is around 50L, i get about 200 to 235 kms out of a tank!!!!(but thats with a 350) when you fix it you should just be able to go under the pass rear seat and remove the sending unit from the access panel:D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow.. just checked it out.. thought i was gonna have to spend a day taking the tank of... someone was a thinker...thank you soo much for the info... i think my truck will get better km than your 350toy.. it is only a 4 cylinder( as gutless as they come)anyways .. thanks again...

·
Registered
802 Posts
It's probably a 65-litre. I get btwn 400-480 km's out of a tank on regular gas with my 22RE. But my truck is fairly heavy coz there's too much crap bolted and welded to it.

Funny thing, a couple weekends ago, I filled up in Gold Bridge (89.9!), and I put just over 63 litres into the tank. Not much room for error there! :D

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see when i bought it there was no manual... well once i get my gas gauge fixed i will know for sure.. thanks for all the info.. you guys rock.. later

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i'll be right over with the gas:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts