BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok sorry guys i'm a zuki man but love toys anyways i'm just trying to find out if 5.12's are available for a toy front axle i'm looking at swapping one into my kick and don't wanna have to swap both axles out for toy ones and regear both anyways if u have a supplier and price , let me know

------------------
My british smile is due
to the fact that i eat
rocks 4 dinner!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nope, the closest to 5.12's for Toy's is 5.29's. Tons of guys with d44 front in their Toy's run 5.38's in the d44 front and 5.29's in the Toy rear. Sooooo I think you might be safe leaving your rear Suz as 5.12's (I believe a 7% difference is the rule of thumb.) Just don't use FWD on high traction surfaces.
There are a ton of suppliers for Toy gears.
Randy's Ring and Pinion is a popular one.

Corey

------------------
44044's AOR's spool n stuff.......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok well if i'm gonna have to regear both axles are there 5.83's availible for a toy axle?
They're are 5.29's for my kick axles somewhere i think but if i'm gonna regear i'd rather go a little steeper

------------------
My british smile is due
to the fact that i eat
rocks 4 dinner!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nope, you have a choice of 5.29's of 5.71's for the Toy axle. The 5.71's pinion gear though is tiny and I don't think I would run them. They break quite easily. But if you are not running big power of tires and just want to go slow 5.71's might be ok. Those are the two lowest gears though I think.

Corey

------------------
44044's AOR's spool n stuff.......

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ballz, Well i better start looking for those rare suzuki 5.29's then eh..lol

------------------
My british smile is due
to the fact that i eat
rocks 4 dinner!