BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after having big tires and stock gearing on my truck for 2 years I fillaly put 5.29's in yesterday.what a huge difference,on the first drive i could go up hills in 4th where I would befor have to be in 2nd.I'm also hopeing my gas mileage will go up( from a pathetic 280KM's to the 73 litre tank
)I think any one doing lifts and tires should save for gears befor they start anything.I still have to do the front some time this week,not looking forward to it,it took me 7 hours to do the back,not to mention [email protected] up one of the pinion bearings which will cost me like 50 bucks.
any one want to buy two sets of 4.56's ring and pinions$?$

------------------
Its done.44044's,chevy's,9012's,36 swampers.and it still fits in the garage!

·
Registered
75 Posts
how much do want for them?

------------------
Peter
82 Toy, 31" 10.5's, header, Flowmaster, K&N, Ranchos, but still pretty stock

·
1,269 Posts
How much better does it crawl now? I can't wait to drive mine with gears.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by Dan O:
well after having big tires and stock gearing on my truck for 2 years I fillaly put 5.29's in yesterday.what a huge difference,on the first drive i could go up hills in 4th where I would befor have to be in 2nd.I'm also hopeing my gas mileage will go up( from a pathetic 280KM's to the 73 litre tank
)I think any one doing lifts and tires should save for gears befor they start anything.I still have to do the front some time this week,not looking forward to it,it took me 7 hours to do the back,not to mention [email protected] up one of the pinion bearings which will cost me like 50 bucks.

Im interested, but how interested depends on how much.I have to work off a tight budget.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Same here, But someone else is prob willing to pay more than me, a jump from 4.37's to 4.56 isnt very big at all

·
Registered
268 Posts

i couldn't figure out why you never did it before though, y'know? guess we can't race anymore! haha..

as for crawling - lower axle gears hardly make a difference. it's like 15-20% slower. a crawler is a better bang-for-buck crawl ratio compared to axle gearing. but axle gearing just makes SO much more sense.

i like how everyone replied asking if you'd sell them cheap. sell them over pirate4x4.com, danny. get those american $$$ for our trip..

------------------
Jeep. It's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
104 Posts
heheh KMA, if you havent yet noticed this board is 90% full of CHEAP ASSES hehehheh yea sometimes I'm one of them, which makes it very hard to sell anything here at it's real value. that's a good idea trying to sell em in the US, cant beat that exchange baby!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Originally posted by Toytrx:
heheh KMA, if you havent yet noticed this board is 90% full of CHEAP ASSES hehehheh yea sometimes I'm one of them, which makes it very hard to sell anything here at it's real value. that's a good idea trying to sell em in the US, cant beat that exchange baby!

i understand WHY people are cheap, but if a person has a family and a house and blah blah blah maybe those should be priorities for that person instead of "web wheeling" and wasting everyone's time trying to score the cheapest of cheap deals on everything, because sometimes it's not possible. i buy lots of stuff used, but some stuff you can't. when i mentioned that i might be selling my un-used OTT hy-steer and dual case adapter, all these little tightwads come out of the wordwork, emailing me offering me $500 etc. for my BRAND NEW still in boxes hy-steer. just retarded. it's not like buying a car off the lot, the value doesn't drop after you've bought it. it's steering#%@! and if you're going to lift your truck you may as well save up and do it right the first time, i wish i had, the past year of terrible steering has really sucked.

i coudl ramble on like this..

------------------
Jeep. It's what's for dinner.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking like 100$.I don't really know what the hell they are worth?who ever buys them also has to take my old IFS diff(with matching gears)

------------------

·
Registered
193 Posts
He I am ionterested, and it doesn't matter to me if I have to take a little bit of your IFS crap. I need two 4.56 third members. How much do you want for two of the third members?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they are just ring and pinions,no 3rd's,I put them back in my truck with new gears.

------------------

·
Registered
389 Posts
hey
i want
for that price ill pay
but if you want
the real price of brand new ones is about 700 bucks for both sets
not including the install and stuff,so
how many miles on them too

they are just ring and pinions,no 3rd's,I put them back in my truck with new gears.

------------------
"4x4s eat MORE BUSH!!!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts