BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE AN 87 BRONCO II AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE TALLEST GEAR I CAN BUY FOR A 7.5 REARS AND WHERE I MIGHT FIND THEM? AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW ABOUT LADDER BARS FOR THE SAME VEHICLE (I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT JAMES DUFF BUT HIS STUFF I WAY TOO MUCH PLUS I THINK ITS FUGLY WITH POWDER BLUE PAINT)ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Tallest gears for a 7.5? I know the Eddie Bauer models with automatic trannys came from the factory with 4.10's (and L/S diffs), and you can get 4.56's in there. There might be taller ones you can buy, but 4.56 is the tallest I'd put in. If you need lower gears then that, you'll want to swap in an 8.8 anyway. Your best bet for traction bars would probably be to find a metal fabricator who likes beer...

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Well since taller gears mean higher gears, highway gears, higher numerically gears, I guess you want to know the tallest gearset you can get for a 7.5 is a 2.73, which came in a mustang.

Dont know why you want taller gears, they're useless for any tire taller than stock.

Maybe you are mistaken and you're looking for lower gears, deeper, or steeper gears, maybe even shorter gears. Which would mean lower numerically, 4.56.

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

·
Registered
189 Posts
5.13 are available however due to the small size of the rear diff they explode easily . you shouldn't have a problem in the front i have destroyed 2 sets of richmonds 5.13 in the back then i switched to the larger 8.8 and precision gears and havn't had a problem since.
go with a newer ranger rear cause they are 3" wider the spring perches are still the same though
the 5.13 gears make your truck able to run 36 " tires at the same rpm as stock
i'm still getting 420 kms per 60 ltr. tank
using 32 11.5 15 bfg'smuds there is a speedo gear available to compensate for the change

------------------
89 ranger 5" tall and a front lincoln locker
rear auburn and lotsof neat gadgets

1 - 4 of 4 Posts