BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may seem like a stupid question but can you use sidekick/tracker ring and pinion gears in a stock samurai diffy? also does anyone have a two sets of gears at or lower then 5.13:1 that they can sell me? Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hey earnie, it's not a stupid question.
As a matter of fact you can use a set of sidekick front gears in both of your sami difs. It is actually a popular swap. You have a choice of 4.62's (I believe) from the auto-trany ones or the 5.13 from standard.
They usually go for around 100 - 200 bucks a set, from my limitted knowledge.

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you could see me right know i would be doing a little jig and giggling like a school girl.

·
Registered
61 Posts
WOW where did your Mother ship come from and when you get back can you ship all the Sidekick/Tracker diffs down to Earth for $100-$200 a set like you said ???? they go for $250-$400 per set

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by RHINOGEAR:
WOW where did your Mother ship come from and when you get back can you ship all the Sidekick/Tracker diffs down to Earth for $100-$200 a set like you said ???? they go for $250-$400 per set
Wow, didn't realize they went for that much! I think he might have been talking about $100-$200 for the set of one ring and one pinion gear though...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yes, one set, out of one front third member out of the wrecker. Not new.

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I paid $400 for 2 front 5.13 third members out of a tracker and then you have to buy the tube and spacer (from breeze) for $100 for the one that goes in the rear.

------------------
It's only mud, just give it!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ernie, if you need help setting up the gears bring'em on by the ranch.
I have some brand new tools for setting up diffs and we can start with yours.
My cruiser diff is working fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have got one set of 5.13's from a tracker already DP but I am still looking for the second. I am playing with the idea of putting a sidekick rear axle housing in my SAMI. what do you think about that idea Darryl? good or bad?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Now I'm a cruiser guy but............
I believe the sidekick axle is a little wider than the one you have , whether or not this makes any difference I don't know.
Why don't you post the question?
BTW how is Jon doing with his SBC/mini swap?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jon says he is starting to start putting everything together this week. I think he is running out of funds so he is waiting for his pay check. The truck cab is sitting on the frame in Robbies garage. I think he is going to clean up the motor and tranny before he gets into anything extreme like welding diffies or changing gears. By the way, when are we welding your rear diffy in your CRUZER BRUZER? I am off from school now so I have time to look for more tracker front diffies. As soon as I find the one I want I'll be over to play with my gears.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts