BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how much 4.56:1 cost for fords?

------------------
----------------
Crack
92 Ranger 6" lift 31s
Slamming the gas can get you over almost anything, the question is, can you keep going after

·
Registered
134 Posts
4.56's for a 44, 30, 9", 8.8, 60 or Sterling and reverse cut if applicable?

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Crack:
Anybody know how much 4.56:1 cost for fords?
D44 & 9" run $300 - $350.
I ass-ume you have stock D35 and 8.8, which are probably in the same range.
------------------
I'm on my way to impact, taste the high speed dirt!

[This message has been edited by Captain Air Time (edited January 15, 2001).]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Eric your always so sensable.....
How have you been?

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

G

·
here's one to go in the pile too. how much with a Ford 7.5" rearend with 4.27 or 4.56 gears? (i've yet to blow mine up, and at 275,000 km on it, and YES, I HAVE BEEN TRYING! i've yet to kill it) mind you, i'm only 2wd, but i'm running 30s, and i do occasionally like doing a smoke-show, burning out, or just plain laying rubber through an intersection, which i can on a dry day with 3.45 gears and a 2.9L with a 5 spd........... they're tougher than most people give 'em credit (oh, and forgot my 1/2 km long brakestand i did a couple years back up at cascade falls for a couple Mustangs. you guys may have seen it, i killed my A4LD (front bearing was missing, clutches missing), killed my back brakes, and killed a new 205/14... but no dead 7.5"er........

------------------
1987 Ford Ranger S\C reg box. 2wd for now... 30x9.50s, 2" lift. very soon 4.10:1 L/S axle. If I can't be found, you know where I am. Better come looking with a bigass winch!!! That would be me, the one sitting on the 6" of a roof sticking out of the biggest mud hole I could find!

G

·
opps, and almost forgot, split the torque converter too. you can still faintly see the mark today, from the road off of Sylvester that goes directly to the falls, to the speed limit sign way down in the distance....

------------------
1987 Ford Ranger S\C reg box. 2wd for now... 30x9.50s, 2" lift. very soon 4.10:1 L/S axle. If I can't be found, you know where I am. Better come looking with a bigass winch!!! That would be me, the one sitting on the 6" of a roof sticking out of the biggest mud hole I could find!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Ranger_Nut:
opps, and almost forgot, split the torque converter too. you can still faintly see the mark today, from the road off of Sylvester that goes directly to the falls, to the speed limit sign way down in the distance....
get a locker, and a bit bigger tires. sounds like you could snap that 7.5 in no time :)
Pretty hard to cause catastrophic damage to an open diff!

------------------
Drive fast, take chances!
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
With the stock limited slip my Dad's 7.5" rearend went KABOOM on the way home from its first wheeling trip. Start shopping for a new rearend now, cause its gonna go once you get offroad.

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

·
Registered
898 Posts
Hey, Dan!
He's been beating the HELL out of his 7.5 as long as I've known him!!! Mine has a T-case in front of the 7.5, with 4.10 L/S, and all I end up breaking is driveshafts (catastrophic explosion about every 14 months). I've been beating the hell out of mine, too

------------------
Blue coyote
"Broncenstein" is:
chopped 84 BII
(early model Navigator)
6" lift, 32's
4.10's w. rear l/s

·
Registered
189 Posts
the factory 4.10 is very strong however if you go after market in an extreme ratio such as 5.13 you will start blowing rear ends on a weekly basis the 8.8 in a 5.13 is a much more reliable way to go

been there done that

------------------
89 ranger 5" tall and a front lincoln locker
rear auburn and lotsof neat gadgets

G

·
i've been beating the **** outta my 7.5" (and i think it's still full of water from my little "vedder canal" escapade), and i'm very surprised i haven't blown it. however, i'm welding up the spare carrier i have really soon, and then we'll see how well it'll stand up to the abuse. also, i'm only 2wd, so no major gear reduction to kill it.

------------------

·
Registered
41 Posts
you know those 7.5 are pretty damn tough. I welded the gears in my buddies 83 ranger, with a 5.0 under the hood, 3.73 gears. and 38`` tsl-sx swampers, he doesnt wheel it too hard but on the street it sideways and brake stands all the time and after about 6 months he broke his first axle shaft, sideways out of the gas station and when he came off the curb and the tire touched ground again, it was all over. now its got a Dana 44 with disk brakes from a Lincon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.