BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 85 full size, with lift and tires, everything else is stock.

i cant get up fast enough on the freeway to hit overdrive really...

could this be a gear problem?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
gears?
i have an 85 full size, with lift and tires, everything else is stock.

i cant get up fast enough on the freeway to hit overdrive really...

could this be a gear problem?

Turbo 350's are a 3 spd tranny. I doubt you'll ever hit overdrive - even with a gear swap :D :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
let me change my sig. it is an overdrive tranny.
it is a 4 speed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i priced 410's. $230, and probably need a carrier to. another 2 bills... too much...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
bow350tie said:
i priced 410's. $230, and probably need a carrier to. another 2 bills... too much...
You should be able to find used gears and a carrier for less than that. Try JKL Auto in Maple Ridge.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you should first find out the drive train you have then the gears there is a splicer site dana has . it has all the calculator's you will need to figure out.
if you have tires that require better gears you might as well get the right ones the first time rather than install some and find iout you didn't go big enough . i have a full size blazer with 38.5 boggers and i moved from 30.8 to 373 and it goes nice

·
Registered
647 Posts
I may have a 3:73 12 bolt that I could sell you in a month or so............I have 35"s on my Jimmy and the 3:73s are great!

·
Registered
647 Posts
No mine has/had the towing package on it, 10 bolt front, 12 bolt rear, both 3:73 geared..................putting in my full-floater soon, so the 12 bolt will be up for grabs........;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
3.73 very common

1 - 12 of 12 Posts