BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i got a 97 4dr tracker stock, i'm wondering how much a lift kit around 3" would cost, would i lose major ride quality because stock ain't that great to start with, how much do local shops for total install plus parts around vancouver ?? btw it is strictly for appearance i don't go 4x4'ing but wanna make my tracker look big :O
thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Those little death traps are unstable enough stock. With a 3 inch lift you would be very top heavy, especially if you added larger rubber (stock sized tires would look stupid). I advise getting a govenor that limits you to speeds below 30km.
In other words ride quality would suck ass and be dangerous, especially if you are the typical kind of driver who adds 3" lifts strictly for show purposes. But I am sure that it can be done.

G

·
I put the 3" Calmini body. As for stablity probs, I put a 10.5 tire with offset rim and now it's more stable than it was stock.
Anyway for yours...
Part Number SK19604 fits 91-98 4 door Price $139.95 USD.

[This message has been edited by JC BAZINET (edited March 20, 2002).]

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am personally putting the Calmini 3" Suspension lift under my kick. I hate my soft sloppy stock suspension on mine, the Calmini kit replaces the springs and shocks. I have driven the lift kit and it is vary stable, it rides firm but in the wind your vehical doesn't want to throw you across the road. The lift really lifts the ground clearance. It is a lot of money ($1300can) but it is well worth it. I just wanted a lift that my girlfriend would feel safe driving.

Thats just my two sense.

------------------
91 4Dr KICK JLX
Calmini 3" Suspension Lift (SOON)
Tires? Oh what to buy?
(Speed Kills! Let Me Drive And We Will Live Forever)
[email protected]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Putting a 3" lift is cool and all, but I wouldn't do it if it's just for looks. I have a custom 3" supension lift and 235/75/15 (apporx 29") with no swaybars. I don't rip around turns at break neck speeds (trust me you will if you go to fast!!!). I find no problems with it. I have a altimeter in my rig and even at slow speed turns it gets up to about 20 degrees. Hope that tell you something. As for a body lift I think that may be a better way to go, but I would only go up 2". Reason being that you won't have a chance in pulling any hoses out and around. Give No limits offroad a call for the body. I thinks it's only about $500 or so.

Hope that helps
Wil

------------------
89 Tracker Custom 3" lift, 235/75/15 Mud Kings

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.