BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!

I hope you don't mind a GM person lurking and heaven forbid posting on the Nissan board

I have to say that really I don't care what kind of 4x4 someone drives. There are so many different brands because there are so many different needs and tastes.
All I care about is having someone else to wheel with. If I need a tug here and there I don't care if its a Nissan, Toyota or Jeep or whatever else, it doesn't matter.
I have pulled out numerous other trucks when wheelin', import and other and have also been pulled out by both. Let me tell you, I appreciated it every time with no thought of "Oh God my manhood is now threatened because I got pulled out by a 4Runner"
This bickering BS between brands is embarrassing to me.
As my sig indicates I drive a somewhat rusty K5, I like it. Thats why I bought it. You guys here have chosen to buy Nissan, great, I'm sure you like them or else why would you buy one. But lets face the facts here, most vehicles owned by people that visit this site are modified with parts that are either aftermarket of scavenged of of another brand.
We are for the most part all building our own ultimate 4x4, and thats something different for everyone. Personally I do tow with mine, We have a 21' camper trailer, so maybe twice a year its an RV (shudder) LOL.
All I'm trying to say with this post is we should not be so focused on what factory or country originally built our truck. The truth is most of us have built our own trucks and the emblem on the front is just that, an emblem that loses more meaning with every mod we make.

Peace

Rene

------------------
God hates a coward!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I could not agree more. I will be getting either a Chevy or a Dodge for a tow vehicle in the future as neither my Nissan or my Range Rover are up to the task. And my nissan will become less shortly with a jeep front axle, and possible a Dodge rear. I don't care what brand you drive, as long as you use it.

------------------
Tim
[email protected]
Far East 4x4

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ditto Rene!

Anyone and everyone is welcome to post here, that's a non-issue, what was the issue for most is that if you want's to jump on to particular vehicle board Nissan or other and start slamming them left and right, this is also fine, but just realize that what comes around, goes around, that's all!

I too snicker and laugh at trucks sporting pee-on this and pee-on that stickers, knowing full well that one day it's going to be a truck your peeing on is the trucks that's saving your stuck-bacon! I really don't care less about one truck or the other, unless of coarse someone gives me good reason to, without emphasising it in a joking matter.

[Cool Hand Luke]

Whaaat wee got here is, failure to communicate!
Some men you just can't reach, which what they want, so they get!

Originally posted by tRustyK5:
Howdy all!

I hope you don't mind a GM person lurking and heaven forbid posting on the Nissan board

I have to say that really I don't care what kind of 4x4 someone drives. There are so many different brands because there are so many different needs and tastes.
All I care about is having someone else to wheel with. If I need a tug here and there I don't care if its a Nissan, Toyota or Jeep or whatever else, it doesn't matter.
I have pulled out numerous other trucks when wheelin', import and other and have also been pulled out by both. Let me tell you, I appreciated it every time with no thought of "Oh God my manhood is now threatened because I got pulled out by a 4Runner"
This bickering BS between brands is embarrassing to me.
As my sig indicates I drive a somewhat rusty K5, I like it. Thats why I bought it. You guys here have chosen to buy Nissan, great, I'm sure you like them or else why would you buy one. But lets face the facts here, most vehicles owned by people that visit this site are modified with parts that are either aftermarket of scavenged of of another brand.
We are for the most part all building our own ultimate 4x4, and thats something different for everyone. Personally I do tow with mine, We have a 21' camper trailer, so maybe twice a year its an RV (shudder) LOL.
All I'm trying to say with this post is we should not be so focused on what factory or country originally built our truck. The truth is most of us have built our own trucks and the emblem on the front is just that, an emblem that loses more meaning with every mod we make.

Peace

Rene

------------------
"Yeah, That's what I thought!"

[This message has been edited by TheAntiChris (edited October 30, 2000).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts