BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one ever been to Glacier lake this year or last,I was wondering what the trail up to the lake was like or if there is a trail any more,I think the wife and I will take a day trip up there to see what this lake is like if we can find it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I was up there in 96 for the first time. At that time the access road was "ruff" but doable for a bone stock YJ in 2wd. But there was no access to the lake that I could find
Went up again in 98. New road, wide and flat, was put in for logging. Goes almost to the lake before heading up the mountain side. The old road went continued to the lake. At that time there was one road wacked in to the lake at the east end. and one road to the creek just a hundred yards or so from where the lake empties out. You would know either if you saw it. Both are suitable for 2 trucks and 2 tents at that time. Both required 4wd in 98.
It is a very beautiful lake.

Wes

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Wes .:p Do you remember how long it took to get to the lake from hwy 7 and how much gas,should I take spare gas with me. Thanks Wes

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
It was a few years ago. Alls, I remember is it took all day to get there and back.
I did not need spare gas, but my Jeep is lighter than yours ;) You should be fine though.

Wes

·
Registered
429 Posts
Glacier lake was up there with family for two days mid july
rough access but nothing technical drive is about 1.5 hrs past tipella (depends on your speed) as for gas it never hurts to be safe you might wanna wheel in the local area
hot springs are on the east side of river easy access
have fun:canadian :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts