BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just look at a 2001 jeep tj 2.5 4-banger, don't tell me to buy the six 'cause I don't need a big motor yet, just wondering if any one has one or if you have any good ideas on what I should do next. Or just any good or bad comments please let em know

------------------
keep the roof facing the sky............and don't die!!!!!

[This message has been edited by jeepp (edited February 17, 2002).]

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I believe the 4 bangers will already have 4.11 gears in them, but I would hold off until the 2003 Rubicon Jeep Wrangler hits the show room, front and rear selectlable air lockers, stock 31 MT/R's, 4.0L, 4:1 t-case and rock slides all from the factory with a warranty! You can't go wrong with a TJ, 4 corner coils, but a little tight on spaciousness for my likings!

------------------
Shopping List...
NP203, 15"x7-8" 5x5.5" wheels!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have you test driven the 4 and the 6? I know you don't want to hear it but...... I wouldn't buy the 4. I tried to buy it and once around the block I knew it wasn't worth it. It sounded bad. But whatever you do make sure you get the tire upgrade (30's) because most 4 cyl. come with the smaller tires.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Who doesn't like motors???
Mmm horsepower, mmm torque

------------------
WANTED:
33x12.50MT's, 4.5"+ shocks and lower control arms, a cheap 12" sub, and a cheap amp

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for responding, but the deal I am getting is to good to let go, in a few years I am going to be swaping the engine to a 360ci but after the warrenty is up and I finsh paying it off........it is a starting base for me right now. but thanks for the info on the up and coming jeep I might trade it in who knows...
Originally posted by desteurm:
I believe the 4 bangers will already have 4.11 gears in them, but I would hold off until the 2003 Rubicon Jeep Wrangler hits the show room, front and rear selectlable air lockers, stock 31 MT/R's, 4.0L, 4:1 t-case and rock slides all from the factory with a warranty! You can't go wrong with a TJ, 4 corner coils, but a little tight on spaciousness for my likings!

------------------

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes I have test driven both and found the 4-banger to be quite good I won't be towing anything so I don't need more power just yet I just need something reliable cheep and echonmical but I can say is I will be doing an engine swap in the near future
Originally posted by Quibbler:
Have you test driven the 4 and the 6? I know you don't want to hear it but...... I wouldn't buy the 4. I tried to buy it and once around the block I knew it wasn't worth it. It sounded bad. But whatever you do make sure you get the tire upgrade (30's) because most 4 cyl. come with the smaller tires.

------------------

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is true......
Originally posted by XJman:
Who doesn't like motors???
Mmm horsepower, mmm torque

------------------

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The dual tops option is really nice to have, and if you find you don't want both tops you can sell either of them for the price difference.
OTOH buying a soft top or a hard top later will cost twice what the dual top option on a new Jeep costs.

Don't bother paying for factory upgraded wheels & tires, instead get the dealer to trade in the OEM tires for 30s or 31s and add the cost difference to the price. That way you can get better rubber of your own choice.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.