BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I have a chance to buy a '88 toy p/u, with ac 4-6" of lift and tires for 500-1000 dollars. the head is blown. Not sure if it is the gasket or the head head. what do you all think?

------------------
Hey! If it's broke put more money into it, it may not have worked last time, but it should now!

·
Registered
416 Posts
That sounds like an good deal.Could easly get your money back just by parting out.When you find out what is wrong it wouldn't take much to fix.Even if you put a new motor in it then the value will be way over $1000.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

[This message has been edited by callan (edited January 14, 2002).]

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Great deal but check the FRAME you could sell it and earn some $$$$

------------------
Sold 85 Toyota extra cab 4x4 2" lift 33" BFG M/T with lots of tire rub!
Wanted 84/85 4runner, needed a few more seats less rust, and a beter FRAME.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O.k. some more info. the inside is in great shape, has cruise, extra cab, sun roof, but i think it is aLL body lift, My father-in-law took a look at it for me and said that you could see the frame. the tires have 75% tread but he said that with a tape the tires messure 28". the grill and the fenders are crunched, but my toy is the samer colour and has good ones. the box has a little rust, yes that is right a little. I will be looking at it tonight. Don't suppose anyone would be interested in swaping my engine for me while I help, as I think that i would get myself in trouble? I think that $800 would take it.

------------------
Hey! If it's broke put more money into it, it may not have worked last time, but it should now!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yea, the head is blown, but the guy is unsure if the isthe only thing. He was saying that his daughter noticed that it was getting low on water and that she kept filling it up. Then it blew. He said that he is woorried that there might be water in the block as well. It had 165 origanal km.

------------------

·
Registered
108 Posts
Buy it!
You can(at the worst)part the truck out and make more then what you paid.Hopefully you get it and let us know how it goes.
Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just got off the phone with him and he paid 1000 for it. Pretty damn good deal if you ask me. He said the interior, box, and frame are all mint!

He wanted me to ask if there was anybody out here who would be willing to help him swap the motor from his 85 into this truck?? I'm guessing this would be a day job.... let him know by posting here... cheers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts